Recent content by jmone

  1. J

    How can I expand an ICH8R Raid-5 Array?

    Nope just tradition really. My main concern is what happens when I pull the RAID Drives (containing the XP Install on the System partition) out of the box! Will I be able to boot to the drive containing Vista on a Boot (but not System partition) Thanks Nathan
  2. J

    How can I expand an ICH8R Raid-5 Array?

    OK, I've purchased another standalone SATA drive and installed it into the PC (Drive F:). I also loaded Vista onto the drive and have a dual boot XP (From the Array) and Vista (from F:) PC. I've copied my data and now want to rebuild the array just using spanning in Windows but how do I: *...
  3. J

    How can I expand an ICH8R Raid-5 Array?

    I'm thinking - Sod the Intel Raid 5 Array all together! The current plan when I get towards the current array being full is: 1) Buy a single large HDD (500GB or 750GB) 2) Copy all the data (less OS) to the single large HDD 3) Reformat the OS onto on of the HDD 4) Use the rest of the Drives...
  4. J

    How can I expand an ICH8R Raid-5 Array?

    Can you go from Raid-5 to "Raid Ready" Raid-0 or Raid-1? Then I could go from this back to Raid-5? Thanks Nathan
  5. J

    How can I expand an ICH8R Raid-5 Array?

    Hi Madwand, I may be willing to give these a try as much of my content is backed up to files on DVD (eg Home Videos, Pics, etc) but it took a weekend to load up the OS, transfer files, update content etc last time so any ideas you have are worth a shot!
  6. J

    How can I expand an ICH8R Raid-5 Array?

    I have a Intel BOXDG965WHMKR motherboard (Intel G965 and the ICH8R ) with currently 3 x 320GB WD SATAII drives in a Raid 5 Array which I was told would allow me to expand. I then added a 4th x 320GB (and later 5th / 6th) physically to the system and unfortunaly THEN found the above statement...
Back
Top