Recent content by JL007

  1. J

    server cab standards - KVM

    In that case, you could just go for a lcd drawer with IP KVM switch. Something like the Avocent ECS17KMM or Minicom SmartRack
  2. J

    DVI switch

    Or maybe this one: ATEN CS1764A 4-Port USB2.0 DVI KVMP Switch
  3. J

    Avocent DSR2010 KVM Software...is there a free version?

    The performance of the lantronix is usually good, specially if you compare it to atens. My personal favorite when it comes to remote kvm performance are although the ip kvms from minicom
  4. J

    Seeking recommendations for a KVM Switch

    I'm using the Belkin Flib KVM (http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=267041) at home, cost around $50 and works ok...
  5. J

    USB KVM

    I never had any issue with my kvm switches, when i use usb ports. If your kvm switch original is made for ps/2, try this PS2-USB converter
  6. J

    Remote power switch for servers

    Power on Cable would give you remote power control for a single pc.
  7. J

    Connect single port IP KVM to old school KVM

    The IP Control from Minicom should work perfectly for you.
  8. J

    how exactly does a kvm with network/ ip support work

    Main difference is the performance. IP KVMs have much better video performance than the IPMI. Personally I prefer the Smart 216IP from Minicom who has a great mouse synchronization also on my linux.
  9. J

    how exactly does a kvm with network/ ip support work

    I am crazy about the new IP KVM switches, that also give you remote power control.
Back
Top