Recent content by jkuo1

  1. J

    New Dell 3007-HC: Not Impressed.

    I'm sorry to hear that your Dell 3007-HC did not work out. Do you have a plan for what you are going to replace it with? It seems like if you want to stick with a 30 incher, your choices will be limited as most will still be wide gamut and potentially cost a good deal more. Since the...
  2. J

    New Dell 3007-HC: Not Impressed.

    Yup, your quick review pretty much describes my 3007WFP-HC monitor perfectly as well. One stuck pixel, screen backlight uniformity issues, some amount of sparkle on light uniform surfaces, some white glow off angle... all issues I can live with, given all the advantages you listed. However...
  3. J

    Best 30 inch LCD?

    Well one characteristic that should not be dependent on the manufacturer or the generation of panel and is the defining difference between S-IPS and S-PVA is the comment about the gamma shift and its dependency on even slight changes in viewing angles. Are you saying that you do not see any...
  4. J

    Q6600 Wall Was hit.

    I believe the other guy was right... you're running your memory at too high a speed. DDR2 800 actually means that the memory was meant to run at 400MHz not 800MHz, because the first D in DDR means "double" data rate, so that 2x400MHz = 800 MHz effective, not actual. Look at your System Memory...
  5. J

    PROBLEM: grainy 30" LCD DELL wfp-hc

    Yeah, I definitely seem to have this problem too with my 3007WFP-HC... a kind of glittery, dusty surface that is especially noticeable on solid colored backgrounds. At first it did kind of bother me, but I was able to get used to it after a few days. Actually, I'm now bothered a bit more by...
  6. J

    3007wfp vs 3007wfp-hc vs wait (3008wfp)

    In what way is the HP L3065 better than the Dell 3007WFP-HC? Are you talking image quality-wise?
  7. J

    Dell 3007wfp-hc - Did I get an S-PVA panel?

    Correct... the word "Test" does not become significantly more visible as I move my head from side to side or up and down to a certain degree. Of course, past a certain angle, everything kind of washes out anyway, but as I understand it, VA panels are supposed to reveal more details in darker...
  8. J

    Dell 3007wfp-hc - Did I get an S-PVA panel?

    Thanks ToastyX. That test image does help to allay my fears that I might have received an S-PVA instead of an S-IPS panel, as I do not see a significant change in my ability to see the word when viewing from different angles. I did not know that the newer IPS panels had a white glow instead of...
  9. J

    Dell 3007wfp-hc - Did I get an S-PVA panel?

    Can anyone who owns this monitor please do me a favor and look at the screen from an off angle at a black area (like this website uses as its background), and let me know whether they can see a purple tint, which pretty much identifies it as an S-IPS panel? Thanks.
  10. J

    Dell 3007wfp-hc - Did I get an S-PVA panel?

    It looks like a D as the last letter of the serial number. Rev. A02 Assembled in Mexico. Does this tell you anything?
  11. J

    Dell 3007wfp-hc - Did I get an S-PVA panel?

    Has there been any reports of anyone getting a S-PVA panel with their 3007wfp-hc? From everything I've read, this LCD is supposed to use an S-IPS panel, but I see none of the characteristic purple hue in dark areas when viewing at extreme angles on the 3007 I just received. Instead blacks just...
Back
Top