• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by jjmcwill2003

  1. J

    Microsoft Implies Windows 11 Has Lost Them 400 Million Users

    My home Win11 laptop doesn't seem any slower than when it ran Win10. If this is a corporate laptop, I suspect your IT department installed a ton of corporate stuff on your laptop that's slowing it down. It's unbelievable how much stuff corporate has on our systems: Whole disk encryption...
  2. J

    AMD Instinct MI300 Details Emerge, Debuts in 2 Exaflop El Capitan Supercomputer

    Someone help me understand: To leverage high performance compute cards like the MI300, they use AMD's ROCm software, correct? But it seems like every time I read about ROCm on places like Phoronix, the articles/comments paint a picture of horrible platform support and difficulty making it...
  3. J

    NVIDIA reportedly wants to cut TSMC orders for next-gen RTX 40 GPUs 5nm wafers amid lower demand

    NVidia's quarterly Gross Profit used to be around $2B per quarter. Starting in 2020, it started increasing, and quarterly profit now stands at $5.4B. They're sitting on quantities of cards but don't want to lower prices? Cry me a river, Nvidia.
  4. J

    Terrible HDD packaging from Newegg - where should I buy drives?

    How about CDW? Last I checked, they cater more to professionals and aren't trying to win the "race to the bottom" like Amazon and NewEgg are. Either that, or find a MicroCenter where you can pick up the drive personally. I know that's not realistic for many people.
  5. J

    AIDA64 gets support for GeForce RTX 3050 (Ti) and Radeon RX 6600 (XT)

    Ugh. That's at least $130.00 more than it should be. I guess I'll hold onto my GTX 1650 and my GTX 1060 a while longer. I'm not a big gamer (obviously) but I like to run a low-to-mid range gaming card when it's reasonably within my budget. $380.00 is not it.
  6. J

    Machine Learning Algorithm Runs On A Breadboard 6502

    To be pedantic, the Apple IIGS used a 65816, not a 6502. Pretty wild that you're keeping that old hardware around. :-)
  7. J

    RX Vega Owners Thread

    I'm trying to get one, because compiling on that i7-x990 is takes WAY too long. I have access to a Lenovo Thinkstation P900 with dual Xeon E5-2695v3's(28 cores, 56 threads), but it's only certified with NVidia cards, so the wx9100 can't go in it, so where's the fun in that? :-)
  8. J

    RX Vega Owners Thread

    Umm, a LOT? It's part of my job to validate and support these things, so I didn't pay for it. Wikipedia says it retails for $2000+
  9. J

    RX Vega Owners Thread

    Not gaming, and it's not even going in a very powerful box. Intel i7-x990 with 24GB of RAM. Used for professional CAE software development and validation, running Linux. But hey, it's fun having the top of the line Vega card to play around with. Here's hoping the Corsair 850W PSU can handle it.
  10. J

    The Totally Awesome Directron Drawing!

    I like AMD because I think their processors offer good performance for the dollar, and they've done a good job of socket compatibility.
Back
Top