Recent content by JimmyN

  1. J

    Running cables in wall, DVI or DP?

    Thanks guys, I put a 50mm pvc pipe into the wall, and I ordered a couple of brush plates to make it purdy. Thenk I'll be able to get 2-3 DP cables in there easily. :)
  2. J

    Running cables in wall, DVI or DP?

    Yep, ideally power outlets will be behind the monitors. I plan on using full cables and having them hanging out the walls, I should be able to get away with 3 meters, so DP should be fine at that length right?
  3. J

    Running cables in wall, DVI or DP?

    I'm renovating an apartment and it's time(finally) to start thinking about the computer desk situation. I'm going to be wall mounting 2-3 monitors(not sure on which monitors yet though), so I want to run some cables through the wall from under the desk to the wall mounts. I'm currently...
  4. J

    ASUS Announces ROG SWIFT PG278Q Premium Gaming Monitor

    Is there any way to use this monitor with a decently lengthy(5-10m) cable?
  5. J

    Dark Souls is on Steam

    If I search for it on Steam it's not there, I think it relates to GFWL not selling to Iceland because of some region thing.
  6. J

    Dark Souls is on Steam

    So I live in Iceland and I can't buy the game from GFWL because they don't sell to Iceland, and I can't buy it from Steam, and it's not sold anywhere in stores here.. Could I buy it from, say, g2a.com, and activate that key through steam and play it over steamworks? Or am I just f*cked and have...
  7. J

    ASUS Announces ROG SWIFT PG278Q Premium Gaming Monitor

    Thanks for the info guys, guess I've got some rethinking to do. :)
  8. J

    ASUS Announces ROG SWIFT PG278Q Premium Gaming Monitor

    So my computer is around 9-10 meters from my display and so far I've been using a DL DVI cable to power my U2713HM, do they even make 10meter displayport cables that work? Or am I SOL?
  9. J

    Post Your Mac Setup!

    http://hdw.eweb4.com/out/1062201.html :)
  10. J

    Dell U2414h

    So the output that connects to the first monitor has to be DP 1.2? I've got a gtx680, which has a DP 1.2, and late 2013 rMBP which should also support it.. But I'm looking at getting a DP KVM switch to use with these machines and 2 of these monitors.. I have absolutely no idea if the KVM...
  11. J

    Dell U2414h

    So.. any one tried out daisy chaining these monitors? :)
  12. J

    Post Your Mac Setup!

    Guess my setup fits in here as well, tiny rMBP/win8 desktop setup. :)
  13. J

    Dell U2414h

    Hey guys, anyone familiar with Daisy chaining on this monitor? I'm thinking about replacing my single U2713HM with two of these, and connecting them to a single DisplayPort KVM switch, which is then connected to my pc, and my rMBP, and then daisy chaining the monitors together, meaning I wont...
  14. J

    Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

    http://hdw.eweb4.com/out/1062201.html :)
  15. J

    Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

    Thanks, it's actually a painting by my girlfriend which she did one evening while me and a mate were playing Arkham Asylum. :P
Back
Top