Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
Not yet they don't (exist on the consumer market). But soon the repair requests will make some US distributor buy the minimum 10,000 the manufacturer (at least the one I could find) is asking for. They are only $0.38 each in that quantity. A few years of HDA dongles and they'll be $0.11 or so...
No need, Jojo. Actually, I feel a little dumb about it. I did want to find the parts, so I was focused on that. Eventually, I realized that since it was during the warranty period I could contact the manufacturer.
In a few months I'll try to find the jacks again. I have a product in mind that...
Well, I was beginning to think I'd not going to be able to find the jack until there are more in the pipeline. So I called Logisys (case manufacturer), they have a US phone number. A human answered right away, I gave the particulars, and they're sending me a new dongle.
Problem solved!
Not...
True, but the specs call it a AC'97 sense. Which makes no sense since you're plugging in an HD dongle. That's what's confusing me. And like I said, nether ASUS nor the case manufacturer added that feature. That lead is unconnected in both. Of course I've only seen two cases so far...
Thanks! I hope to too.
:D
One thing I've noticed is that the Intel HDA specs have that 1K resistor on the HD setup but their docs call it an AC'97 sense. Another Intel screw up? Like RS232 when they reversed the pins 2&3? Who knows. That pin is a powered mic supply ground so it's not really...
Great!
BTW, my brand new ASUS mobo and my new case with the bad dongle...neither institute the pin #4 feature. Why? I don't know yet.
And it is obvious you know your dongles, jojo. Great working with you. Often I have to explain everything.
Thanks, jojo, keep in mind these are HDA jacks with the isolated singe switch. In-line 5 pins. They are nothing like the AC'97 jacks that are in millions of computer cases. I'm an electronics engineer (retired) so I'd have no problem with circuit board mount.
I'd be surprised if you can tell...
$30 to replace a $0.30 part isn't my style. But thanks for the suggestion. I actually have a very nice Sabrent USB device. But that's not the way I want to go. Just want to find a source for the jack itself.
Finding a HD case with appropriate dongle is of course possible, but there are scant computer recycling shops here 90 miles north of LA in California. Because of the strict laws and expense of running a business like that here.
I found them for sale here in the US, but I'd have to buy 10K, and...
No problem. I live full time in an RV. The mid tower case (my computer size) lives in a cramped area. My main speakers, 2.1, plug into the rear jack. I'm hard of hearing so I need to use headphones on occasion in order to do Skype, or (since I need the speakers on loud) use the headphones during...
What with the case and mobo manufacturers spitting out HDA (High Def Audio) mobos and dongles, I was hoping someone here on the HARD|Forum would know of a source for the unusual jacks they are using for the front panel headphone and mic jacks.
These HDA jacks are 3.5mm, stereo, 5-pin. Ground...