• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by Jim-H

  1. J

    SLI Noob Questions

    The case is a Cosmos II. Currently the CPU is cooled with a HT110i (280mm) at the top of the case. The GPU has a 120mm radiator attached to the back. Ideally for best performance and low noise I should get him another EVGA Hybrid, but where to put the radiator is the question. The top of the...
  2. J

    SLI Noob Questions

    Recently built a computer for a friend to use for work and some occasional light gaming. Computer has a 980Ti which drives three 4K monitors. After a few days of so called light gaming, he wants to add another 980Ti to get better graphics. The current EVGA model comes with water cooling attached...
  3. J

    Buy a $300 card once every 3 years, or $100 card once every year for 3 years

    How about a $150 card every 18 months is how I would do it if given $300 to span 3 years.
  4. J

    8800gtx as secondary to gtx280...(three monitors)

    Hudder, I misinterpreted your post. I am only using one monitor while in games. My other card is for the other monitors for 2d stuff and I had to install my 8600 as a 260 to get it to work with Vista. Thought maybe you were doing the same.
  5. J

    How to OC 260/280GTX 2-D programs through Rivatuner?

    Why do you want your 2D overclocked?
  6. J

    8800gtx as secondary to gtx280...(three monitors)

    I have a gtx280 and a 8600gt working fine together, no crashes. What OS are you using?
  7. J

    Nvidia ForceWare 177.73 (INF 07/17/2008)

    Curious why you would configure it that way. Wouldn't you want 280 driving only the 30 and the other card driving the other two. Or does it even matter. I was thinking of driving my 30 with the 280, both 24's with the 8600, and if the other 8600 will work. I'll use that to drive the 17. Or...
  8. J

    Nvidia ForceWare 177.73 (INF 07/17/2008)

    Awesome. Thanks jacuzz1.:cool:
  9. J

    Nvidia ForceWare 177.73 (INF 07/17/2008)

    How do you force it to look like a 260? Just ordered a 280 that I plan to use with my 8600 (for secondary monitors).
  10. J

    Gtx260 lowered at newegg

    You can't count the shipping day no matter what time it gets picked up (as long as its before their daily deadline, in my case 6pm). If it shipped on a Friday, next day (1 day) would be Monday. Two-day on Tuesday and so on. Just because a carrier gets it earlier doesn't mean it goes out any...
  11. J

    Gtx260 lowered at newegg

    If it ships on Friday, 3 business days would be a Wednesday deliver. Hopefully, mine will arrive tomorrow as well.
  12. J

    Nvidia ForceWare 177.73 (INF 07/17/2008)

    Been wondering this myself. If they do work, I'm wondering if a 280 and a 8600 for multimonitor use would work on Vista64. Anyone have Vista with a GTX 2xx and a Series 8 or 9 card using it for multiple monitors?
  13. J

    Rediculous Driver problem

    I think more people spell ridiculous wrong than right.
  14. J

    3 monitor setup (Ati or Nvidia??)

    Not sure if any job requires four monitors but more monitors makes any job easier. Graphic Artists, Video Editors, 3D Artists, Web Designers, Programmers, Architects, and so on and so on.
  15. J

    4870x2 2GB Preview

    Not sure which set you're talking about but it may be possible to disable the scaler for certain inputs. It may be disabled by default depending upon the signal its receiving. The scaler is usually used for converting the lower quality signals so they don't look like crap on a high res display.
Back
Top