Recent content by JerseySeven

  1. J

    My Far Cry 2 Quick Thoughts, AWESOME

    :p Maybe that's why they see me coming a mile away!
  2. J

    What games do you Regret buying in 2008?

    Mass Effect PC (Great game but 3 lifetime activations + no revoke on uninstall = FU2EA)
  3. J

    My "Apology" of glossy coatings

    Try Frye's. They sell the HP 24" by itself: http://shop3.frys.com/product/5479199?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG
  4. J

    New nvidia drivers do i have to uninstall physx as well?

    zombix, I only reinstall the physX driver when a new version is released (e.g. 8.06 to 8.09). An easy way (if you still have the old version's exe) is to run the old version's installer. It will detect that it is already installed and ask if you want to uninstall ( yea! ). I haven't...
  5. J

    Auzentech Prelude 7.1 New Driver Release 6/12

    Ha Ha! You used 'Creative' and 'sucked' in the same sentence...:D Seriously, Auzentech had better not restrict the number of keys. I don't mind registering, I don't mind supplying my serial number. But limited installs is the end. This is like EA limiting the number of lifetime...
  6. J

    Gateway FHD2400

    The EZ Tune software is actually a pretty good visual calibration tool. It is based on Portrait Displays Display Tune software. After first helping to adjust brightness and contrast, it lets you adjust the gamma over a range of about 5 or six brightness levels. When it works. It did a fine...
  7. J

    XP Starting different services with different user accounts?

    If you set up different Hardware Profiles, you can enable or disable any service for each of the profiles. I don't know if there is a way to force a user account to load a specific Hardware Profile.
  8. J

    I Give Up On Those Stupid Updates

    Just installed Vista x64 this weekend after using x86 since February. No problems. Don't do automatic updates. Manually check for updates. Select all the critical ones - install, reboot. Then check the recommended updates and install the ones you want. I also never do the MS updates...
  9. J

    The Witcher: improving your load/save times :)

    Picked up another HD to try this out. It was pretty easy to move my Vista paging file to the new drive, but for one strange problem: It won't let me set a maximum custom page file size greater than 4096MB. I have 4GB of RAM installed (Vista 32 bit Home Premium). When I check "System...
  10. J

    Gears of War PC Discussion Thread

    There's an 11 page thread entitled "All my save and checkpoints gone" @ http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15 Happened to me last night. I'm using Vista 32 bit. No one knows what exactly is the problem. I made no changes at all to my system (didn't switch drivers or...
  11. J

    LG L246W

    RE: Washed out color in XP If you don't have the latest Nvidia drivers, there may be a bug that causes the color to be washed out. This happened to me the first time I plugged this in via the HDMI to DVI cable. Was ready to puke. Couldn't calibrate this to save my life, even trying the...
  12. J

    NEC LCD2470WNX panel type?

    Thanks very much for including the thread. It reminded me that it's the LCD2490WUXi that has the S-IPS. Have to save up for that one.
  13. J

    NEC LCD2470WNX panel type?

    Anyone know what type of panel is in this monitor? I dl'd the manual and checked NEC's website, but there is no info listed.
  14. J

    Battle of the 24" Monitors...some advice please!

    night-2004 I've been using a Gateway FPD2485W for a month now at home (label on back indicates it to be a March 2007 build). Bought it from a local Best Buy. I have no problems with inverted ghosting at all. Zero. After reading the reports in this forum I keep watching for it, but have...
  15. J

    Best Tool To calibrate my LCD

    When you compare the Colorvision Pro and ColorEyes Pro, are you calibrating to the same target points (i.e. gamma 2.2 and 6500K?) It seems ColorEyes gives you more options, so I was just wondering. This is the new PC version of ColorEyes Display Pro, right? Been considering it.
Back
Top