• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by JeffK95Z

  1. J

    First SFF build! mmmm QPack'd quadcores of 8800gtsness!

    just an update, I ran 4x prime95 (affinity set to each seperate core) overnight and all day while @ work... total run time 15 hours @ 100% cpu. no errors max single core temp was 66 degrees. also, in gaming, the gts800 gets upto 82 degrees with the fan left @ auto... but if I manually set...
  2. J

    First SFF build! mmmm QPack'd quadcores of 8800gtsness!

    burnin8r - I'm guessing you had the old version of the qpack? In my reading when picking out a case everyone said that the 2nd gen. qpack solved just about all the problems you mentioned. Max. I thought about working on the NB heatsink, but the look of those plastic push pins that hold...
  3. J

    X-Qpack Question.

    i couldn't say for sure, but that looks pretty much indentical to the stock quad-core intel cpu i pulled out my qpack. It fit like a charm! I couldn't comment on if it'll do the job you're after however... I'll leave that upto the more knowledgable!
  4. J

    First SFF build! mmmm QPack'd quadcores of 8800gtsness!

    stock 2.4 ghz and using coretemp for the readings. the case temp's seem to be cool @ around 25 degrees, but then if the qpack thermal probes are reading low, the case temps could be around 35. Think that could attribute to the high cpu temps? and good luck burnin8r! why the change to the...
  5. J

    First SFF build! mmmm QPack'd quadcores of 8800gtsness!

    sorry, should of mentioned... we were helping some friends by house sitting over christmas... I didn't wanna wait to get home to build the box, so i did it @ their place Machine is setup @ our place now on a real desk in my den :)
  6. J

    First SFF build! mmmm QPack'd quadcores of 8800gtsness!

    :) Hey guys, In an effort to build a portable gaming rig this time around (old machine is in a giant Thermaltake Xaser case and weights about 50 lbs) I scored the following during christmas/boxing day sales: Case: X-QPack gen. 2 Power Supply: Antec NeoPower HE 500 (from old PC -...
  7. J

    People with quad cores, what kind temps are you getting?

    i just found this cooler: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835150082 Looks like MassiveOverKill uses it in a Microfly so it should fit great in my qpack as well! I'll get some good paste on the chip then as well.
  8. J

    People with quad cores, what kind temps are you getting?

    just built my first mATX last night and got some numbers... i'll be posting another thread on the my build soon... but here you go: 1.CPU: Q6600 G0 with stock heatsink 2. CASE: X-QPack2 3. IDLE TEMP: 47 47 45 45 4. LOAD TEMP: 77 77 72 72 - this after 1 hour of prime95 on all 4 cores 5...
Back
Top