Recent content by jedispork

  1. J

    BD as a replacement for HDD?

    I don't see how anyone could trust something that stays connected to a power outlet like a raid setup to be a reliable backup. Theft is also a real concern that many people over look. I just made a similar post in the optical forum but I think discs are at least still a viable redundancy...
  2. J

    blue-ray media backup ? outdated ?

    even if you use hdds its still good to create parity files and maybe something like beyond compare to make sure the files copied properly. I feel more comfortable knowing I can check to make sure the files are intact. Maybe zfs will help some if it ever becomes standard.
  3. J

    blue-ray media backup ? outdated ?

    Hello Everyone, I have been researching this topic and registered to make a post on this thread. Sorry for the long post but I am long winded. First I wanted to say that I agree having at least 3 copies of your data is important regardless of what you use. While hdd's seem to be getting larger...
Back
Top