• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by JebusTrist

  1. J

    One month, three mobos up in smoke (literally)

    I just hooked up an old AMD 3200+ rig, and it worked fine. It only uses a 20 pin power plug though, not sure if that affects anything.
  2. J

    One month, three mobos up in smoke (literally)

    I used a different outlet on a different breaker this time.
  3. J

    One month, three mobos up in smoke (literally)

    The third time I hooked it up it was outside the case.
  4. J

    One month, three mobos up in smoke (literally)

    I wonder, could it be a surge protector issue? I have other things plugged into it, but no other computers.
  5. J

    One month, three mobos up in smoke (literally)

    No one is free of mistakes, but I have been assembling computers for nearly a decade now and have a lot of experience. I don't see what I could be doing wrong, and I have never experienced an assembly error that causes the mobo to fry; usually mistakes just prevent the mobo from posting.
  6. J

    One month, three mobos up in smoke (literally)

    So about a month ago I spilled water on my tower. I turned off the computer immediately and waited a few days for it to dry out. My old PSU had a chronic issue that I think was related to low standby current, because turning on my comp required anywhere from 15-30 minutes of mashing the power...
  7. J

    Cas latency question

    Yeah that really doesn't help me much.
  8. J

    Which 640mb gts?

    del
  9. J

    Cas latency question

    I'm looking at a few different kinds of ram atm, and I cannot decide which is the best value while still offering great performance for gaming and overclocking. http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2206874&body=REBATES...
  10. J

    Water block advice

    What kind of pump would you suggest for the gtx? Is http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16835108082 adequate?
  11. J

    Water block advice

    I'm planning on overclocking a q6600 to 3.6+. I've narrowed the list of potential cpu blocks to these three. Which is the best? Is there any significant difference in temps between the three? If there is a difference, how big is it likely to be? Links to the three blocks in question can...
Back
Top