• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by jdelo24

  1. J

    Can I bring this hard drive back to "functional"?

    at this point, i don't really care about data recovery. i just want my drive back working again. does that seagate bootcd work on non-seagate drives? i'll give it a shot when i return home and have a separate machine to do this on. thanks for the help!
  2. J

    Help with a new build please

    Go C2D rather than an X2.
  3. J

    Can I bring this hard drive back to "functional"?

    so i'm giving spinrite a shot right now. popped in my hard drive in an old (few years old) machine from my bro's college days. it's been running for 7 hours now. how long does it take for a 500gb drive running level 4? and for some reason, spinrite only sees 8gb of my 500gb :confused:
  4. J

    Can I bring this hard drive back to "functional"?

    how do i know if the problem is mechanical or not?
  5. J

    Can I bring this hard drive back to "functional"?

    I bought a WD My Book Essential 500GB just a few months ago. Now, Windows is having trouble recognizing it when I plug it in. I can't even do a chkdsk or scandisk on the drive. I didn't want to RMA this since I had very important, private stuff on the drive and I didn't want to send it off to...
  6. J

    Component -> VGA converter?

    Thanks! Do you experience any lag issues with the ps2 connected to the dell? i play quite a bit of timing-sensitive games (beatmania IIDX)
  7. J

    Component -> VGA converter?

    Hey all. I have a PS2 (back home) that i want to hook up to my Dell 2007WFP (here in the dorm). I also have a set of Monster Cable component cables. I'm looking for a cheap, reliable component to VGA converter. I know I could use the s-video in but i've heard that it displays a lot of...
  8. J

    LCD HDTV or LCD monitor?

    Thanks for the quick responses. I'll be definitely spending more time on the PC (with the whole homework thing and all...) and be playing consoles mostly during the weekend. I'll stop by the local BestBuy and CircuitCity this weekend to check out their 24" monitors.
  9. J

    LCD HDTV or LCD monitor?

    My budget is $700. I can't make a decision whether to buy an LCD HDTV or another monitor. I plan on hooking up my PS2, Wii, and use it as a computer monitor. I currently sit 2-3 ft away from monitor. I was eyeing the Gateway FHD2400 since it has a wide variety of inputs as well as 1080p...
  10. J

    Gateway FHD2400

    I play a lot of music/rhythm games (Beatmania IIDX, DDR, etc.) on my PS2. and I've read that LCDs are terrible for timing-sensitive games. Is the fhd2400 any different since it has a 3ms response time?
  11. J

    Anyone own a Logitech VX Revolution?

    VX is a great laptop mouse with excellent battery life. I bought mine a few months ago, and I've been using the included battery. I'm down to 1 bar but SetPoint says I still have 22 days left on it. I also play Portal and UT2004 with it and I don't have any problems.
Back
Top