Recent content by jdazzle34

  1. J

    5.1 Audio through Optical Output

    turns out that the problem was getting VLC to play nice with S/PDIF outputs. Got that all fixed up and i'm running movies and such in true 5.1. Thanks for all the help
  2. J

    5.1 Audio through Optical Output

    okay, thanks for the help... but if i'm using VLC and watching a DVD, shouldn't I be getting full 5.1? I played a DVD on there, and i got the ambient noise from the L/R speakers, but no dialog (which should be from the center) and no low-frequency sound from the sub. Also, Realtek has it's...
  3. J

    5.1 Audio through Optical Output

    Hey everyone, this is probably a big n00b problem, but i have no idea what i need to do to fix it. I've been setting up my computer this week since i'm back from school and decided to hook up my A/V receiver to it. My mobo is a gigabyte ga-965p-s3 w/ the Realtek ALC883 audio chipset. I've...
Back
Top