Recent content by jcrossley

  1. J

    NetApp - sources for good info / learning / training...

    Not a whole lot out there in regards to training that isn't protected. Training is a revenue stream for Netapp, after all. You could try some of those PDF aggregators like scribd, sometimes training docs make it up there. If you have a specific question ask here, someone will answer it for...
  2. J

    Drobo 5N or this

    I also forgot to mention one thing which ended up being the major deciding factor for me. When I bought the Syno, I wanted to go as dense as possible. My previous homebuilt NAS had 16 1TB drives (5+ years old). Lots of noise and took up a ton of space. After buying the Synology I only had...
  3. J

    Drobo 5N or this

    I've got a Synology DS1812, (the previous version of this product) and it's awesome. It's a polished solution with tons of add on software packages from official and third party repos. Mine runs SabNZBD, Sickbeard, IP security cameras, Plex, and few other packages. It's darn near silent, and...
  4. J

    Sugested specs for 39" 4k panel on alibaba.

    Interesting. Sub'd.
  5. J

    Keep old Equallogic PS100 running

    I think you are pretty much screwed if you want to use an off the shelf drive. Third party maintenance providers are a good place to procure drives for old systems for pennies on the dollar. Try SMS, Atlantix or Arbitech and see if they have one you can buy.
Back
Top