Recent content by JayPhizzt

  1. J

    Strange and annoying problem.

    Yes, I have my CPU @ 4,5GHz. I could try lowering the frequency on the RAM, the modules are however specced for 3000MHz. Although if my problems are due to overclocking, shouldn't I most likely be getting other issues as well? Like freezing or crashes? I have done stress testing without any errors.
  2. J

    Strange and annoying problem.

    I have a quite odd and irritating issue with my newly built PC. Everyday when I first start it up in the morning, it doesn't want to boot. It starts, but I get not signal to the monitor and the SSD doesn't seem to be loading Windows because I get not indication of any activity from the HDD-LED...
  3. J

    Bad 6700k?

    The very reason I enabled LLC is because of vdroop. With LLC set to "auto" or "standard" windows crashed/froze as soon as I started Prime95. The vcore dropped to around 1,236V, so it's not suprising. And of course I'm monitoring temps, I'm using HWmonitor. At 4,5GHz and 1,375V it did run a bit...
  4. J

    Bad 6700k?

    I'm trying to OC my 6700k, but I must have gotten a bad chip or something because I'm getting really poor results. Most people seem to easily be able to get up to around 4,5-4,6GHz, but not me. At the moment I'm running at 4,3GHz with the vcore at 1,325V and with LLC set to "high". This is about...
  5. J

    Strange rattling noise during 3D-games?

    Like I've already said, the sound starts IMMEDIATELY when 3D is displayed, so nothing even has the time to get hot enough for any fan to speed up. And I only have one fan that is even affected by temperature, the gfx-fan. I only have a total of 3 fans in my case and there are no "loose wires"...
  6. J

    Strange rattling noise during 3D-games?

    I have this quite strange and annoying issue with my PC. Whenever I play a fairly demanding 3D-game I get this weird rattling noise. I think the noise originates from the gfx card, although I just recently switched cards, the noise still remains(switched from an EVGA GTX660 to an Asus GTX670...
Back
Top