• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by jay3712

  1. J

    IP Camera / NVR Suggestions

    I just picked up a Hikvision 2032 and the picture is really great. www.amazon.com/Hikvision-DS-2CD2032-I-Outdoor-Bullet-Security/dp/B00G7GMEOG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1399491566&sr=8-1&keywords=hikvision there is a dome version of basically the same camera as well. I think generally the IR...
  2. J

    USB Card for Passthrough

    I am using a HighPoint 1144B, which has four ports and each port can be passed through to a different VM. A little pricey but I get direct usb 3.0 for up to 4 vms and only takes one PCIe slot. I have a 1022 in another host that is 2 ports but they are on the same controller and cannot be passed...
  3. J

    What VMs are you running and why?

    My setup is primarily for media: HOST1: Supermicro X8DTH-6F, 2x Xeon E5530, 32GB RAM... unRAID (26TB) - media storage Win7 - usenet CentOS - Plex Media Server XBMCbuntu - virtual HTPC#1 (6450 passed through to tv) XBMCbuntu - virtual HTPC#2 (6450 passed through to tv) Debian - XBMC...
  4. J

    Kingston KVR1333D3E9S

    For sale is 16GB (4x 4GB) Kingston ECC Unbuffered RAM, taken from my X9SCM-F ESXi box. Only selling because I upgraded to 32GB. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=151147094642 Thanks for looking!
  5. J

    Help with VLANs and pfSense

    Thanks Rocket, it appears you are correct. I tried this and now I cannot connect to VLAN20 and get a dhcp address. Both VLANs are assigned to interface em1 plugged into 22 on the switch which is tagged members of both VLANs. Any other thoughts on this? It is doing what I need it to do but it...
  6. J

    Help with VLANs and pfSense

    Thank you Rocket and dash for your replies. I think I have it figured out now... did some more reading and the config is working for me now. I'm not sure if this is what is actually referred to as trunking but it is working at the moment. The vlan ports from pfsense are plugged in to port 22...
  7. J

    Help with VLANs and pfSense

    Hello, I am hoping someone could assist me with a new setup I am attempting at home with VLANs, pfSense and Unifi APs. Setup includes pfSense box with 4 nics: WAN - re0 - DHCP from ISP LAN - re1 - 10.0.0.1 (plugged into port 20 on Dell switch) VLAN10 - em1 - 10.0.10.1 (port 22 on Dell...
Back
Top