Recent content by IntrepidSpaceman

  1. I

    Just bought a HP ZR24w - mistake?

    Well, when it comes to FOV in PC games, that can typically be tweaked to one's comfort. Less so for the shoddy console ports these days, but typically it isn't a problem. Prior to this I gamed on a 1680x1050 for years and it was perfectly fine.
  2. I

    Just bought a HP ZR24w - mistake?

    How effective is it to use an ICC profile and calibration numbers from tftcentral's list to tweak a monitor like the ZR24w? I know that can be sort of a crap-shoot as each screen is basically different and it depends on room conditions and such, but can it be effective at times? I'm curious...
  3. I

    Just bought a HP ZR24w - mistake?

    Yeah that seems the tricky part. The ZR2440w's input lag seems twice as bad as the Z424W's according to tftcentral. I've got my eye on this monitor which was recommended by RPS: http://www.amazon.com/Viewsonic-VP2365-LED-23-Inch-Monitor-Black/dp/B0053YKE72/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt Viewsonic...
  4. I

    Just bought a HP ZR24w - mistake?

    Thanks for the responses. Yeah, I figured I made a mistake. The ZR2400w seems definitely worth a look but it'd be a bit pricey overall - part of the reason I bought the ZR24w is because I have great (or no) shipping prices through Amazon Prime. Do you guys reckon I'd be better off with one of...
  5. I

    Just bought a HP ZR24w - mistake?

    I was recently in the market for a decent new monitor at around a $300-$350 price range. I first purchased the HP 2711x - LED backlit, 27", 1920x1080, TN, 60Hz - because it had gotten some solid reviews and was seen as one of the better TN screens around. However the incredibly reflective glossy...
Back
Top