Recent content by indotoonster

  1. I

    ZFS: bringing a disk online in an unavailable pool

    @djflow195: it's purely an issue of chronology: I originally started out with 1 raidz1 pool, and then subsequently added another, and another. If I had to redo it all now I'd probably go with raidz3 -- is there a way to migrate from one to the other that doesn't require having to recreate the...
  2. I

    ZFS: bringing a disk online in an unavailable pool

    Hi danswartz, sorry, you're right, I was actually aggregating some opinions from across several forums. Indeed on this thread it is just DPI's comment above. I'm sure when I think about this properly in the cold light of day and having had a good night's sleep, I will conclude that indeed ZFS is...
  3. I

    ZFS: bringing a disk online in an unavailable pool

    Well, the fates must definitely be with me -- I bit the bullet and opted for a different route: swapping the faulty PCBs on my HDD with the blown MOSFET (/gpt/ta2) with a working PCB from my HDD with the read errors (/gpt/ta4), i.e. combining the best bits from both faulty devices. They are...
  4. I

    ZFS: bringing a disk online in an unavailable pool

    @Shockey: sorry, I should have been clearer, yes, when I try to bring /gpt/ta4 back online, I physically reconnected it to the server first. It shows up fine, and gpart recognizes it as still having label ta4, but it is only when I try to bring it online that the error message above occurs...
  5. I

    ZFS: bringing a disk online in an unavailable pool

    I have a home server using FreeBSD and ZFS that has worked well for the last 5 years, and on several occasions I have successfully replace faulty disks. However, today a minor disaster has happened, and I'm hoping to find a solution. I have a top-level pool that consists of 3 vdevs, each...
Back
Top