Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
The Caviar Black I linked is the same price as the others, I believe. I also never got close to filling a 1 TB hard drive I bought 2 years ago. I'm trying to buy everything directly from Amazon. I don't like dealing with Amazon merchants due to countless bad experiences in the past.
Ok, sounds good. One last thing before I make the purchase. Are there any other hard drives you'd recommend? I would go with the Samsung, but since it's sold through a third party vendor, I'll have to wait for it to arrive until next week. I'd rather get everything up and running before Sunday...
Alright, sounds good! I think I found everything you recommended. Could you give the list a quick look and see if these were the parts you had in mind? Unfortunately, the hard drive isn't sold directly by Amazon, but it's such a small package that shipping isn't a big deal. Alternatively, I can...
Ok thanks, will go with the LK and Hyper 212+. Any suggestions for a good hard drive and memory? I'm having trouble picking parts for those due to the number of similar choices available. Also, are my case and psu still viable for this new build?
Hey guys. Building a new PC and need some opinions on the parts I've chosen. I upgrade my PC very rarely and I'd like this build to last a while. For reference, my last build was in 2008 and is below. I thought it was a great build and haven't found a reason to replace it until now.
Old Build...