• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by igomadness

  1. I

    ASUS VG278H - The weirdest backlight bleeding I ever saw

    I just got mine in today. Ordered from newegg in the US. Thankfully no issues have shown up yet. 3d emitter works, no stuck pixels. No strange backlight bleed. The colors were a bit jarring at first, felt much better after I turned the brighness from 90 to about 30. Happy with the...
  2. I

    Viewsonic - VP2765 AMVA panel

    I don't know if you can trust a manufacturers specifications for input lag. But if it is only 25ms you should have no issues at all with RPGs, I can't say if it would bother you with FPS games or not I know some people who are so picky that they still keep CRTs around for FPS, although...
  3. I

    how much video card for WoW at 120fps?

    Well I guess this went on a bit of a tangent, haha. The dog demands that I take him to the park. Thanks for the advice all.
  4. I

    how much video card for WoW at 120fps?

    I have a friend who was a former Navy fighter pilot. He said that he had decent eyeshight then, but what really mattered was that he scored very highly on hand-eye coordination. Course nowadays I imagine most games would have the hand-eye thing down pat.
  5. I

    how much video card for WoW at 120fps?

    Well I don't know it might also have something to do with the physics of quake3, In that game your client side fps actually affected how high you could jump. you had to keep it pinned at 125. Maybe I was imagining the difference between 100 and 125, but even if I was, you still needed 125 to...
  6. I

    how much video card for WoW at 120fps?

    Wow, thats impressive, you should have been a fighter jet pilot, haha. Mine is like 20/40 after correction. I will say it was mostly specific to the game I'm playing, if you are flying at like 2500 ups in CPMA and have to flick 90 degrees for a rail shot at some guy down a hallway in a...
  7. I

    how much video card for WoW at 120fps?

    I'm amazed you have that sort of issue with your insane rig :) Well I guess on hardocp insane is a relative term.
  8. I

    how much video card for WoW at 120fps?

    I agree, on a 60hz display dosen't mean anything. Back when I was playing q3 i was on a CRT though :) I was just also considering one of the 120fps lcds, In that case I think i could tell the difference.
  9. I

    how much video card for WoW at 120fps?

    Thanks for the advice, I think Ill stick to the 200-250$ range for the video card range in light of that. I was actually feeling a bit silly pairing a more mainstream gpu with sandy bridge, but seems like for the games that I play it makes sense. My current setup is 8800GT and amd phenom...
  10. I

    how much video card for WoW at 120fps?

    Basically, thinking about using a 1920x1080 120hz display. Thinking I'd like to have the thing pinned at 120fps as much as possible, Ultra Detail, but I don't need any AA. Planning on a new build using an intel 2500k cpu. Leaning a little towards team green, since I also play Civilization 5...
  11. I

    Help me finish my midrange gaming build.

    Hmm, I guess I'll scrap the mATX idea and go for the ATX build. Thanks!
  12. I

    Help me finish my midrange gaming build.

    I was thinking something more like the size of the coolermaster case you linked. No need to go as small as that Lian Li case. Does Flex channel mode cause a performance hit?
  13. I

    Help me finish my midrange gaming build.

    Edited the original post.
  14. I

    Help me finish my midrange gaming build.

    1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc Gaming, wow , SC2, Diablo 3 someday. Watching h264 videos. 2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included? 500-700 for case/mobo/memory/psu 3) Where do you live? maryland 4) What exact parts do you...
Back
Top