Recent content by IDlife

  1. I

    If you found a gem of a monitor resurface for a fraction of its cost...

    Yeah I have the same problem when browsing with gradients. Doesn't show up in Photoshop or gaming so I can't really complain. Still in love with the monitor! Anyone doing any console gaming with this bad boy? I'm planning on picking up a 360 or ps3 in a couple of months..
  2. I

    If you found a gem of a monitor resurface for a fraction of its cost...

    For anyone on the fence, if you can find one of these at this price: DO IT. As a Industrial Designer, size and color accuracy are key. The resolution on this panel is very comfortable for Photoshop and the CAD programs that I work with. The panel is super sharp and really vibrant. You really...
  3. I

    If you found a gem of a monitor resurface for a fraction of its cost...

    Also, checked the total hours and it looks like around 2,500. Which is probably about a year's worth, which isn't great to hear but I'm just glad the monitor seems to be ok, so far...
  4. I

    If you found a gem of a monitor resurface for a fraction of its cost...

    YAY! Got it up and running, looks amazing compared to my old monitor (Dell 17incher that either has an *VA or a IPS panel) I'll update with pics and further conclusions later on in the week since I'm a little swamped with work, but so far so good. :D
  5. I

    If you found a gem of a monitor resurface for a fraction of its cost...

    Ahhh..... so nerve racking! I've got mine sitting at home waiting for me. Will update you guys on it's quality when I get home and get to play with it for a bit.
  6. I

    If you found a gem of a monitor resurface for a fraction of its cost...

    That's not too good to hear! I was hoping for at least a 90 day warranty.... ah well, monitor gets here on Monday, I'm hoping I get a good one.
  7. I

    If you found a gem of a monitor resurface for a fraction of its cost...

    Ordered mine from Directron last night.... here's to hoping it goes through and I don't get a lemon! I'll be sure to update you guys, plus pics!
  8. I

    Looking for little speakers that go BOOM!

    ...
  9. I

    Help please... been out of the game for a while :)

    Thanks for the help, I think I'm going to to order my video card and cables tonight. It's about time I started flossing out the 3 year old tech that I missed out on :D
  10. I

    Help please... been out of the game for a while :)

    Thanks for the replies. Yeah, I don't think that there would be much visible difference in terms of resolution, but like lillimon said, there might be some difference in terms of color saturation, sharpness, etc. since it's a higher quality signal. I would like to spend no more than $100 on the...
  11. I

    Sceptre x22wg-Gamer 22" LCD

    Wait, so if they change the return policy, will it affect both purchases made before and after the policy change?
  12. I

    Help please... been out of the game for a while :)

    Ok, so I've been out of the "video card" game for a while, last card I bought was a ATi Radeon 9250 PCI... yeah I just skipped the whole AGP thing! Recently I've aquired a 24 inch tv CRT tv http://www.insignia-products.com/pc-114-13-insignia-24-flat-tube-stereo-tv.aspx Nothing fancy, just...
  13. I

    Sceptre x22wg-Gamer 22" LCD

    DiceMann, thanks for the pics. The mount arm definately looks like a worth while investment, especially with the color shifts you can get with TN panels, would ensure that I always have the best vantage point. Hopefully I'll be able to pick up one of these Sceptres from Costco before the rebate...
  14. I

    Sceptre x22wg-Gamer 22" LCD

    DiceMann, thanks a bunch for the review. Your review pretty much covered every question that I had about the monitor: -Works well for someone who needs fairly accurate color reproduction working in PS -CS:S looks hot on it -Works well with the Ergotron desk mount arm -Backlight is an issue...
  15. I

    Sceptre x22wg-Gamer 22" LCD

    Hey chr, any updates on the dual Sceptres? I guess I'll take your silence as a good sign! I'm really interested in how the ergotron holds the weight of the Sceptre and how easily adjusting them is? Cheers
Back
Top