Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
Hello All!
I'm back again! I bought a Zalman CNPS9500 for my AMD64 3200+, the stock cooler was making too much noise for my taste. It cools it ok, but I'm running a python script to eat up cycles, with the intention of curing the Arctic Thermal Paste I used. Now, I was noticing that my NB...
I have a v1.0 board. I do not know if it's an Axx model or not. How would I check?
I've tried lowering the RAM multi to 100Mhz, and I still can't post past FSB=258. I've pulled my 6600GT to see if that's my limiter, and it isn't. I thought that the video card might be my problem because...
I'm back again. I've been talking with Biostar's tech support for 4 days now, and I haven't made any gains, infact, my FSB max limit has gone down by 3. *gasp*!
I've got a 3200+ Venice core AMD64 939 CPU w/stock cooler.
XFX GeForce FX 6600GT PCIE.
CU51MC02.BST BIOS.
I've tried the...
RMA? It's ONE Corsair stick, 1GB in size. It's PC3200, and about 6 months old. I don't see why it shouldn't be working. I have an Ultra 512 I can throw in to see if it really is my Corsair RAM. But that would mean taking my P4 offline... dang, this is getting complicated. In case you didn't read...
Wierd, it wouldn't let me type in here for a while. Getting back on topic...
What *does* corsair reccomend? I have a 1GB stick in my AMD64 right now, and have no clue as to what they reccomend for timings? (shoot, I threw out the box in came in...)
I guess I should let you know that I don't know much about over clocking. I've only owned a PC for about 18 months or so, and the AMD is the first one that I've OCed. Perhaps this will explain some of my noobish behavior.
I do not know the amp rating for the 12V rail. All I know is that my 2.0 OCed to 2.4Ghz runs the PSU 12.84V idle, 12.78V full load. My P4 ran this power supply much the same. This is a 450W power supply, and the P4 draws 75W idle, so I don't think that power is that much of an issue.
I flashed it when I got it. I flashed it with the 3/7/2006 yesterday. No change.
In Linux, it doesn't matter what order you install the chipset/video driver. You cannot uninstall.
Ok, I did some messing around in BIOS. It appears the top setting at which my computer will still properly post at is 255 x 10. The HTT is at 3x, as well as the NB and SB (at 3x). I've disabled the CPU spread spectrum, it was on center. My Mobo has the first 3 status LEDs on when I'm at 260. I...