Recent content by IanY

  1. I

    More PCIe slots? Motherboard recommendation for 3x SLI + additional boards.

    That's when you need to water cool. Look at my buildlog over this weekend. I'll have an Asus P6T6 WS Rev with four single slot water blocks on four GTX285s plus PCIe sound card plus space for a PCIe Raid controller or PCIe NIC. I'm also getting an EVGA Classified but that has one slot...
  2. I

    EVGA x58 Classified

    The fourth card isn't just for Physx. In fact none of the video cards are meant for SLI. The fact that they are there is good for gaming. I'm a folder. The more video cards, the better. If I had space and a proper PSU, I'll squeeze in six of them. Or use riser cards and go for six 295s...
  3. I

    ASUS P6T6 WS Revolution @ [H]

    Its no longer an issue. In fact, there's a tiny voltage drop for cpu and mem.
  4. I

    Project Genome: My Tiny Contribution to Genetics

    You are absolutely hilarious :)
  5. I

    ASUS P6T6 WS Revolution @ [H]

    Without Hyperthreading. Come back with HT turned on.
  6. I

    ASUS P6T6 WS Revolution @ [H]

    First off. The cpu is a lot more sensitive to heat than the gpus, which are designed to be run up to 100 degrees C. The gpus can only be overclocked to X amount, mostly limited by voltage, and adjusting voltage on a video card usually needs soldering resistors and can be dangerous. On the...
  7. I

    EVGA x58 Classified

    These are going to be fitted with single slot waterblocks, and then going on a EVGA Classified (no NIC yet).
  8. I

    Project Genome: My Tiny Contribution to Genetics

    Here is a taste of what is to come.. very soon.
  9. I

    ASUS P6T6 WS Revolution @ [H]

    Alright then. Giveme a few days till XtremeSystems is up and you will get access to all the FAQs. I will guide you through wise buying choices (and your decisions entirely). If not for anything else, it'll reduce the noise level in your machine for a modest cost.
  10. I

    Project Genome: My Tiny Contribution to Genetics

    Thank you. There will be an update soon. Its now four GTX 285s with single slot water blocks, and the only reason why there are not five GTX 285s is that I don't have enough PSU muscle. It seems that the mobo freaks out after five video cards, because somebody tried six video cards and it...
  11. I

    ASUS P6T6 WS Revolution @ [H]

    Churley, You appear financially well heeled. Can I introduce you to advanced water cooling? Let me get a D0 cpu first and test. If its good, I'll share my source and you can pick one up for $300.
  12. I

    ASUS P6T6 WS Revolution @ [H]

    Well, I discovered something that I should share. No guarantees that it would work with you, but it sure worked for me. I discovered this by chance. Here are some specs: i7 920 cpu, Corsair Dominator 1600 Mhz ram speced at 8-8-8-24-2N (6 GB or 12 GB), bios 0407 My previous tweaking...
  13. I

    Asus 16 phase vs. EVGA 10 phase

    I personally think its a bunch of marketing gibberish... just like "Japanese capacitors" that are probably all made in Guangzhou, China. Japanese name... What exactly isn't made in China these days ? Digital vs. Analog... more gibberish.. Its all based on one-up-manship... Having...
  14. I

    EVGA x58 Classified

    Thanks so much for the recommendation. Actually, even though the prices are reasonable, I think I'll forgo the dedicated NIC for now. I find my need for this pretty dubious because I'm a lousy gamer and generally don't have much time for online gaming, or mess with my computers till I get...
  15. I

    EVGA x58 Classified

    Its for Folding@Home.. actually they all are, but I trust a 285 won't choke while on Physx duties lol Nothing breeds success like excess, and I'm usually on XS :)
Back
Top