Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
I'm still debaiting this decision. Luckily the new wave Xeon D boards aren't in stock yet which has given me some time. It's between 2-node ROBO vSAN with witness appliance or a single storage appliance to be shared amongst 2 ESXi hosts.
I got an amazing deal on 6 x 400GB Hitachi USSL...
Thanks for the information. I did Google this before posting but I got inconclusive information. The truth is I rarely game and if I do it's games from the late 90's early 2000's anyway (StarCraft for example).
What are these specific issues you're talking about with regard to the v4/v5 Xeons...
First off, is it possible to passthrough a GPU and USB controller to create a gaming VM on ESXi? I've seen it done on other platforms (Xen, KVM, etc.) but I'm not sure it's supported on ESXi.
If it is, what hardware specific options should I be looking for? I'm looking to build a...
If I decide to go the shared storage route (I'm leaning that way currently), are there any specific requirements (specifically CPU) for vMotion to work seamlessly between hosts? Would a host running a Xeon D would fine with one running a Xeon E3 v5?
I'm specing out a home vSphere cluster for dual purposes. I want to learn more about VMware clustering yes but I also want to apply it as best I can to my home network needs as I find that's the best way to learn things.
My goal is to have redundancy for all my "production" VMs/Dockers (Linux...