• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by hysan

  1. H

    AMD Radeon HD 7770 CrossFire Bundle Lucky Draw

    I love the performance per watt that you get out of AMD GPUs. This tends to be the main reason I go AMD over NVIDIA.
  2. H

    What happens to ZFS formatted drive when mounted in non-ZFS OS?

    Alright, seems like shipping my drives and making a backup would be the best course of action. Thanks for the advice.
  3. H

    What happens to ZFS formatted drive when mounted in non-ZFS OS?

    Question is in the title but to further elaborate, this is my situation: I'll be moving to Japan (from the US) in a month or so for work and am trying to figure out how to bring my ZFS server with me. I'll probably dismantle the server and ship it, but I'm planning on bringing the hard drives...
  4. H

    ZFSguru NAS fileserver project

    FYI, ZFSGuru doesn't use Apache; it uses lighttpd. You can probably switch out lighttpd for any web server since it doesn't look like Jason used any sort of special configuration.
  5. H

    ZFSguru NAS fileserver project

    Well I finished looking through the source code of 0.1.7 and 0.1.8-p3 in my spare time and the structure is fairly straightforward. However, there are a few problems if the community decides to take over the project: There are no tests. At the moment, we only have Jason's word that...
  6. H

    ZFSguru NAS fileserver project

    I'll begin looking at the source code and begin documenting it tomorrow but from what I've seen, it uses a combination of PHP and shell scripts. You can just download the source from the main website (currently up: http://zfsguru.com/download) and do a ls -R to see all of the files.
  7. H

    ZFSguru NAS fileserver project

    Thanks pdonovan for putting up that mirror. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope that Jason is ok. Maybe ZFSGuru will go back up tomorrow and that this is just a tiny hiccup. If not, I'm going to start looking at the source code to see if this project can be salvaged and turned into a community...
  8. H

    Moving from WHSv1 to ZFS - New Build 40TB

    I too have been planning on a very similar build and came across the same link. This is what I've found after looking into the compatibility a bit more: As mentioned here, the onboard SAS controller is LSI SAS2008 and if you scroll down to Device Compatibility, it will mention that...
Back
Top