• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by huntrik

  1. H

    My 1st HD benchmark w/ dual Velociraptors Raid 0

    Here are just a couple of quick results off the Disk Bench: "Create a File" x 3 tests in a row. Starting Create File Bench... Created file: C:\Users\Huntrik\Desktop\DiskBench1.bin Size: 1048576000 bytes Time: 4727 ms Transfer Rate: 211.551 MB/s Create File Bench ended...
  2. H

    My 1st HD benchmark w/ dual Velociraptors Raid 0

    I am hoping to have some more results today. I had a complete network break down last night (2 hours on the phone with Linksys) only to find out that my Linksys modem/router had taken a sh*t. Thanks to Bestbuy and about $400 I'm back up with an 802.11n network and haulin' arse. I'm in the...
  3. H

    WD VelociRaptor

    I'm also going to submit a ticket because all I got were bubble wrapped drives and what I bought said RETAIL. Hunt
  4. H

    Raid 0 & some who knows something about it...

    How should I proceed? My IP35 Pro matched with my E8400 shows a core temp of 1-3c. Abit is aware of this and for me to fix it I need to flash the bios and clear the cmos. What should I do? Take the game and other files I want to keep and move them to my 640g drive in case my stripe breaks...
  5. H

    My 1st HD benchmark w/ dual Velociraptors Raid 0

    I will get some up when I get home from work. I tried HDTach last night...doesn't work with Vista. I tried to put it in XP compat. mode only for it to tell me that I needed to be the administrator. I was way too tired to mess with that nonsense. I d/l'ed HDTune trial version, but didn't...
  6. H

    Raid 0 & some who knows something about it...

    How do you know if the stripe has been broken? Will it show up as 2 seperate drives again? Huntrik
  7. H

    My 1st HD benchmark w/ dual Velociraptors Raid 0

    Any suggestions on a hardware card using my current setup? I am currently using the Intel RAID s/w that came with my Abit IP35 Pro. I would like to stay under $500. Thanks, Huntrik
  8. H

    Which is better: Samsung 226BW 'C' Panel, or Acer 2216WBD ??

    Here is the 22" that I went with...SAMSUNG T220 Rose-Black 22" 2ms Touch of Color. I have to say that I am throughly impressed with it. I'm pretty sure that if I had the desk space, I'd be rockin' duals. 20000:1 contrast ratio with 2ms response time is nothing to sneeze at. The egg has them...
  9. H

    My 1st HD benchmark w/ dual Velociraptors Raid 0

    I just finished setting up my machine with 2 300g Velociraptors in Raid 0. I used a program call Disk Bench. It can be found here. I'm really up on what the standard speed should be, but take a look at the results and form your own opinion. I think it's pretty fast. Here is a cut and...
  10. H

    Raid 0 & some who knows something about it...

    Hey guys, I just bought 2 Velocirapors 300g drives and currently have a WD 640g drive with really nothing on it. My question is: What is the best way to set this puppy up? I want to do Raid 0 on the two raptors but I don't know where to start. Do I want to wipe Vista x64 off the 640g drive...
  11. H

    Packet loss question. I need some help...

    I fixed it. I grabbed an extra USB wireless module that I had. Disabled the PCI card, installed the drivers for the USB one and BANG...not more packet loss. Another plus, the USB one is faster. Thanks for all the suggestion though! Hunt
  12. H

    Packet loss question. I need some help...

    Forgot to mention that I'm running Vista Ultimate SP1 64bit if that make any difference. Hunt
  13. H

    Packet loss question. I need some help...

    Card is Linksys WMP54G 2.4Ghz Router is Linksys WCG200 Thanks again, Hunt
  14. H

    Packet loss question. I need some help...

    Nope not running anything crazy, just the standard 802.11g card and router. Here is what I got pinging the router: C:\Users\Huntrik>ping 192.168.0.1 -t Pinging 192.168.0.1 with 32 bytes of data: Reply from 192.168.0.1: bytes=32 time=296ms TTL=64 Request timed out. Request timed out...
  15. H

    Packet loss question. I need some help...

    Here is another sample just taken: C:\Users\Huntrik>ping www.yahoo.com -t Pinging www.yahoo-ht3.akadns.net [209.131.36.158] with 32 bytes of data: Reply from 209.131.36.158: bytes=32 time=43ms TTL=56 Reply from 209.131.36.158: bytes=32 time=33ms TTL=56 Request timed out. Reply from...
Back
Top