Recent content by HR_The_Butcher

  1. H

    Hyper threading

    No luck with video capture, but here's some excellent HT on and off comparisons for BF3. http://chipreviews.com/cpu/frostbite-2s-limit-6-core-performance-in-battlefield-3/5/
  2. H

    ASUS/BENQ LightBoost owners!! Zero motion blur setting!

    It's not just brightness, perhaps I should have made myself more clear. With the bright, saturated image of a standard 120 Hz mode BF3 looks better to my eyes than in lightboost mode, and the enemies stand out against the backdrop more, making them easier to see. I'm not against the LB, but...
  3. H

    ASUS/BENQ LightBoost owners!! Zero motion blur setting!

    Surely, if aesthetics were a priority, I'd have gone with an IPS. Also, I play BF3, and every other game, to win. Hence, most of the graphic details are set to low to achieve a high and stable frame count. Having said that, I appreciate the smoothness of a 120 Hz monitor and feel that a...
  4. H

    ASUS/BENQ LightBoost owners!! Zero motion blur setting!

    So far I'm not impressed with Ligthboost for BF3. Gaming monitor needs to do two things for me: -make me see enemies clearly -see them on time While there is little or no blur in motion (and the input lag is very low), the brightness is very low for my liking in LB. Standard 120 Hz makes it...
  5. H

    ASUS/BENQ LightBoost owners!! Zero motion blur setting!

    Sure, it uses 120 Hz, but not in Lightboost. EDIT: Nvm, got it working, but only using CTRL+T (must hold it for 2-3 sec while the game loads).
  6. H

    ASUS/BENQ LightBoost owners!! Zero motion blur setting!

    How can I get Battlefield 3 to run in Lightboost mode? I successfully installed Lightboost on my VG248/GTX 680, but it seems BF3 overrides the settings and switches back to normal preset. This only happens in the full screen mode, windowed BF3 works with Lightboost. I tried the CRU...
  7. H

    Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

    OK, I'll rephrese that. What would give me the best min frame rate @ 1080p low settings. Numbers of fps are much appreciated. 1) GTX 670 2) 7970 3) 660ti SLI All 3 cost about the same here.
  8. H

    Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

    Tnx. I 'need' 100+ fps just to try out that new Lighboost everyone is talking about, but if I can't get that performance with a single Nvidia card, maybe a 'normal' 120 Hz mode with 7970 is ok, too.
  9. H

    Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

    What's the best GPU setup for 144 Hz (or 120 Hz) gaming @ 1080p? I'm talking minimum framerate above 100, or ideally 120, not average which most reviews are reporting. In-game graphic settings are not an issue: low or medium is good enough for me if I can get away with single card like...
  10. H

    Problem with my GTX670 after installing windows 8

    I think there was a new bios for your video card, something about stability. Maybe worth a try. http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4211#bios
  11. H

    Large sillpery gaming mouse pad

    I'm having exactly the same problem with my Roccat Sota. I emaild Roccat and tried to get them to replace it with Alumnic and offered to pay the difference in price (Sota is 25 EUR, and Alumnic is 40) but they said it's "impossible" and instructed me to replace it for another Sota at a local...
  12. H

    Samsung 226BW Backlight going out?

    I had a similiar problem on my 226BW a few years back. Replaced the capacitors, and it's still working today.
  13. H

    ASUS VG278HE - 144Hz

    Do you own this monitor? Would you recommend it? I'm considering it for BF3.
  14. H

    Yamakasi Catleap vs iiyama G2773HS

    You have a point, but the current monitor is 5 years old, so I'm looking at this as a long term investment. Perhaps in 2 years I'll be able to get a very fast single card and use the 120 Hz. SLI/Crossfire is currently out of the question, as I have a single card motherboard with Q9550 at...
  15. H

    Yamakasi Catleap vs iiyama G2773HS

    IIyama is cheaper than other 120 Hz displays (we are talking about 27") because it doesn't ship with 3D glasses. And there are no available monitors at 120Hz.net.
Back
Top