Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
I'm not sure if vive and rift are different, but the rift TPCast transmitter connects via a single hdmi cable to the video card, and to a wall outlet for power. The "Dedicated cable for long distance connections" connects from the hmd to the receiver (that's on top of the hmd) and to the power...
Not sure if anybody got the rift version yet, it looks about the same as the vive. Everything works, no problems, no lag from what I can tell and image looks the same, no quality loss. 10 min everything was up and running. If you have a huge space (whatever max is, 14"/10" or 4m/3m, something...
They have sent my "Rift version" (TPCast themselves). Ordered Monday Dec 11 when they first put them out for sale, they sent it today Dec 13, will arrive Dec 19.
I am currently trying the 39" version and 30HZ refresh rate is horrible for me even for regular desktop use, which was what I intended to do with it. Gaming is out of the question (for me). I am giving up and waiting for at least 60HZ monitors to show up at reasonable prices.