Recent content by HermosaBeach

  1. H

    Asus P5K-VM & SG01 Evolution - Please help me get head phones to work in front panel

    Setting up the front panel as HD worked. I used the following config coutesy E.T. from SilverStone's support. :) Motherboard (HD Audio) front I/O ports ============================================== 1. Port 1L MIC-IN 2. GND GROUND 3. Port 1R MIC-POWER 4. PRESENCE# 5. Port 2 R R-OUT...
  2. H

    Asus P5K-VM & SG01 Evolution - Please help me get head phones to work in front panel

    Help getting sound out the front panel of my SilverStone SG01 Evolution. I have the following physical configuration: Asus P5K-VM BIOS v0604 (less than one month old) SilverStone SG01 Evolution (less than one month old) Windows XP Pro with all the latest drivers and patches Realtek...
  3. H

    Asus P5K-VM - How do I get RAID 0 to work?

    Thank you for the warning about losing data if any drive fails on a RAID 0. I decided to take the risk and purchased a SIIG 4 SATA RAID PCI controller (66 MHz). I really wanted the performance gains from three drive RAID vs single drive. I am willing to take the additional risk of losing all...
  4. H

    Asus P5K-VM - how do I get 5.1 out of S/PDIF to work

    Asus P5K-VM's coax S/PDIF output only seems to output to the left & right speakers. In my 5.1 setup, I don’t get any sound out of the left rear, right rear, center or woofer, when playing games or other 5.1 analog source material. I have an 5.1 speaker setup - 6 speakers in total, connected...
  5. H

    Asus P5K-VM - How do I get RAID 0 to work?

    After lots of reading, I figure Maingear just installs a PCI based RAID controller. I have no confirmation of this.
  6. H

    Asus P5K-VM - How do I get RAID 0 to work?

    I'm not sure, but it appears the Asus P5K-VM uses the ICH9 Base, which does not support RAID. Only Intel's ICH9DO and ICH9R support RAID. Here's a link to an Intel ICH9 family. Check out pages 50, 54, 181 & 182. http://download.intel.com/design/chipsets/datashts/31697202.pdf Since...
  7. H

    Asus P5K-VM - How do I get RAID 0 to work?

    The 11 page post on the asus P5K-VM: G33 matx board is awesome. But I have some specific questions and rather than clutering up the afore mentioned post, I thought I would create a new one. What is the trick to getting RAID 0 to work on the Asus P5K-VM? The Asus P5K-VM uses the G33...
Back
Top