Recent content by hecuter

  1. H

    Bizarre wireless issues - dropping, slowing, and disconnecting, but only for my PC

    Thanks for continuing to get back to me. I forced the router off of 20/40mhz friendly status, still having issues though. I'm doing my best to read up on the background but it's information overload. Btw these are the screenshots from Inssider: 5ghz 2.4ghz Time Lapse
  2. H

    Bizarre wireless issues - dropping, slowing, and disconnecting, but only for my PC

    I've run Inssider before and there was no interference between signals. Weirdly, however, the 5ghz signal wasn't broadcasting. I restored the router to defaults and noticed it's broadcasting now (still with no competing signals interfering), but it's signal is weaker than the 2.4ghz so I doubt...
  3. H

    Bizarre wireless issues - dropping, slowing, and disconnecting, but only for my PC

    Apologies if this has been asked before, but after checking the FAQ and searching posts I couldn't find anything similar. I've been having some bizarre issues with my wifi that I can't seem to track down. Most of this started after I moved rooms across the hall where I noticed that the signal...
  4. H

    Help with transferring photos to iPod w/out syncing

    I just got a new Classic 160, and I'm having a bit of trouble with it. I tried letting iTunes sync everything, but then for some reason, it only added 37 gigs out of my 133G collection. So I took off sync and did it manually, but when I tried to put sync back on to add my photos, it started...
  5. H

    Trying to get a price for this compy

    Hey. My friend is selling his old computer as he just bought a really sweet new one. He wanted me to find out how much his old one is worth as he is selling it to a friend's cousin. Unfortunately I've been too wrapped up in school/new job/legal dealings to go through and research it myself...
  6. H

    X-Fi demoshield installation problems

    Thanks for your help guys. Creative's support page wasn't too much help. Donnie, thanks for the advice. I don't use raid, ide, or any of the nvidia bloatware. APIC is enabled and I switched the IRQs back to where they were. After trying everything and more, the only option left for me is to...
  7. H

    X-Fi demoshield installation problems

    Regcleaner and CrapCleaner didn't resolve the issue, but thanks for introducing me to some cool programs. Definitely worth keeping around. I had the newest version of QT (7.1.3) when I did the initial install, and I've tried redownloading, but still the same problems. Update: I checked my...
  8. H

    X-Fi demoshield installation problems

    I heard so many horror stories about SP2, and how it cause a big PITA for alot of users that I never got it. SP1 has been doing fine for me so far, maybe the next time I do a clean install I'll get SP2. For now I can't be bothered. The disc is a lump of garbage, it takes forever to load...
  9. H

    Room problems: sound absorbing panels?

    A cheap solution for sound insulation is egg cartons. Attaching them oval-side out to the walls acts as insulation. Might make your room look ugly but it's a cheap and easy way to do it.
  10. H

    Quick....which logitech speakers should I get: Z5500 vs Z5450

    I'd say go for the 5500s. If you like bass, the 5500s carry MUCH more than the 5450s, they can be truly ground shaking. It's true, the 5450s need to be plugged into an outlet, so you're really not reducing too much wire coverage, and it's said that they lose some range of sound. Plus I think...
  11. H

    X-Fi demoshield installation problems

    Well, there was a "going out of business sale" at a computer store, so I managed to pick up a Soundblaster X-Fi for $45. I tried installing the drivers for it, and demoshield crashed halfway through. Researching this, I found that quicktime causes these problems, so I uninstalled Quicktime...
  12. H

    FS Senn 650 headphones

    I know this is old but I was forum searching and it popped up. PM sent if you still have 'em.
Back
Top