Recent content by hbjdk

  1. H

    Would you buy curved monitor instead of flat?

    Holy cow your screen looks great! :)
  2. H

    Monitors and viewing distance

    A lot of people in here are showing interest in large monitors, i.e. 30+ inches. But isn't even 28 inches monitors way too large for the average desk? Personally I'm sitting just a little more than an arm's length away from my 24" screen, and I wouldn't want a bigger screen, I think...
  3. H

    Is 8GB going to be the new standard graphics memory next year?

    That was me :) It's good to see you're able to take criticism well and reflect on it. I respect that quality a lot in a man. Hat's off to you :) Although I can't personally afford a system based on 1440p (let alone 4K) I can honestly say I am just happy for you guys who can. Personally I'm...
  4. H

    Best Card @ 1080p

    BF4 can easily be played without AA. Sure, the game gets prettier with AA but it's not a necessity.
  5. H

    What is the performance jump which triggers you to buy new card?

    I can't afford to upgrade my GTX 770/2 GB until January 2016 or so.
  6. H

    Sennheiser HD650 vs HD700 vs Beyerdynamic T1

    Have you considered Sennheiser HD 600? They have a wonderfully balanced sound. I've had mine since 2007 and am very satisfied.
  7. H

    Chiphell: AMD 3xx perf. leak

    I don't get the fan boy mentality at all. Personally I've got a GTX 770 but would have no problems switching to AMD. We should only be thankful to AMD for the competition in the GPU market.
  8. H

    Is it worth upgrading SLI 780 WC at this point?

    A little off topic perhaps, but about noise: You could possibly run air cooling very effectively by picking low noise fans + a low noise cabinet + using the fan controlling software that comes with your Asus motherboard (Asus Fan Xpert 2). I do that myself with a i7-4770 (not overclocked...
  9. H

    so overwhelmed..what to get? mid budget range

    I bought a GTX 770/2 GB in May, but now wish I had chosen the 4 GB version of the card instead. I'd probably go with a Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 / 4 GB if I had to choose today. It's got good reviews, runs cool & quiet and have good performance as well. Better than GTX 770.
  10. H

    60hz to 144hz more incrediable than G-Sync?

    I have an Asus VG248QE. The colors become much better if you adjust colors as described here (I used the 3rd solution): https://pcmonitors.info/articles/correcting-hdmi-colour-on-nvidia-and-amd-gpus/ Furthermore it helps to set the monitor to 60Hz while not needing the 120 or 144Hz (i.e. for...
  11. H

    What game was a "Game Changer" for you?

    Civilization I and Bard's Tale, both on the Commodore 64 DOOM & DOOM II Might & Magic
  12. H

    Is origin down or something?

    Same here
  13. H

    ASUS Announces ROG SWIFT PG278Q Premium Gaming Monitor

    Won't this help? https://pcmonitors.info/articles/correcting-hdmi-colour-on-nvidia-and-amd-gpus/
  14. H

    Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

    Will I be able to play this game at a decent graphics level with a 2 GB GTX 770?
  15. H

    Is 8GB going to be the new standard graphics memory next year?

    This will quite obviously come as a shock to you, but not everyone has money falling out of their a****.
Back
Top