A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!
I am pleased to report that my second replacement monitor has arrived without the defective yellow tint. If I look really hard to observe differences between the two monitors in sRGB setting, it may be just extremely slightly tinted a tiny bit yellow, but it is so minimal that I can dismiss it...
Thanks for the pointers. First thing I did when I set up the monitor was run the nvidia tool for full color range. I have two monitors side by side and one of them doesn't have the yellow tint so I doubt that this is the problem. I just spent a bit of time playing around with Custom Colors too...
Can you elaborate? I have fiddled around with custom color settings as well as the 6500k, 7500k, 9000k, etc. settings provided in the Dell software, and while using custom settings improved the situation a little bit, it did not completely remove the yellow tint on the monitor I fiddled with.
The first 2 monitors I received (one without yellow tint, one with) both had similar calibration reports. The 3rd monitor I received (the replacement with yellow tint) was less similar to the others I received. All 3 are REV 00.
TFTCentral Calibration Report...
I ordered two U2414Hs a week and a half ago. The first one turned out fantastic. The second one had a light but clearly visible and visually distracting yellow tint to it in all preset modes. The settings for the two monitors were set at exactly the same settings on sRGB mode. I contacted Dell...