• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by hannibl

  1. H

    2016 Vizio P Series

    I wanted to start conversation here on the recently announced Vizio P series. It has caused quite a stir in the home theater community due to the features offered, price point, using casting instead of TV apps, and lack of a built in tuner. Brief specs and pricing: 4k, HDR, DolbyVision, FALD...
  2. H

    chroma 4:4:4 on cheap 4k tvs?

    The Seiki 39" and 55" do 4:4:4. They are the reigning champions in this area still, unfortunately. I bought mine in 2013 and haven't found anything that could replace it, despite trying. It does 4k30hz (fine for work) and 1080p120hz (excellent for gaming). Some of the 2015 Sony's were...
  3. H

    The 2015 Sony TV Thread

    1. Some games don't run at 120hz. Thankfully newer titles tend to support it. 2. I don't think it's the lack of HDMI 2. That is only required for 4k60hz.
  4. H

    Decent Cheap Monitors for Work?

    Don't torture this person with two 20" 1600x900 TN panels or yourself with a no name brand with questionable support/warranty. I'd much, much rather work on one good display and would suggest this 23" 1080p IPS display. Better viewing angles, better PPI, better colors, no PWM (reduced eye...
  5. H

    HP 25-27" CW & XW: Almost-Glossy Overclock-able 1080p IPS

    I recently purchased a HP 27CW for work and am entirely satisfied with it. Absolute steal at this price point. Pros: No dead pixels, the least glow I've seen on an IPS, and proper brightness controls without PWM are HUGE for working with documents. Cons: Matte may have been a better choice...
  6. H

    Looking for a good quality cheap monitor

    NCX says good things about these HP panels. Flicker-free and accurate IPS. $152 for 23, $199 for 27 currently. http://www.amazon.com/HP-Pavilion-27xw-Backlit-Monitor/dp/B00TQQN4WU
  7. H

    The new GLOSSY AH-IPS Dell S2415H

    I think this is a good comparison. Some people want a neutral sound so that they can appreciate it as it was intended to be heard, some want that Sennheiser warm veil, and others want a V-shaped basshead phone. I think the difference it's common for audiophiles to catch the bug and listen to...
  8. H

    The new GLOSSY AH-IPS Dell S2415H

    I'm not sure that you're accurate in saying that one is 'sharper' or has 'more colors' if they are both 8 bit 1080p 27in panels. I'll take the statement about 'stronger' colors to mean that the Samsung is more saturated, which can lead to the perception of something looking better, despite being...
  9. H

    The new GLOSSY AH-IPS Dell S2415H

    phie, in what ways do you find the samsung superior? I recently purchased the HP 27CW for work and am quite happy with it. It has the few minor design flaws that NCX mentions (no height adjust, no vesa mount, and a stupid black "non-bezel") but nothing I didn't know about going in or that...
  10. H

    The 2015 Sony TV Thread

    @remixme I'd be interested in seeing the timings. My Macbook also can only run 4k30hz, so I'm curious as to whether you can see HiDPI resolutions at that res/hz. Spending time back on the Seiki and still prefer the blacks and lack of flashlighting. VA gamma shift (at least on a 39" at 3+ feet)...
  11. H

    The 2015 Sony TV Thread

    Have you tried SwitchResX or Retina Display Menu?
  12. H

    The all out Large Format Display 4k gaming monitor thread..

    Aside from WM and Crossover, I think the Sony's are the only ones that are PWM free. You can get the x830 (IPS, 43 or 49) or the x850 (VA, 55+) for a somewhat reasonable price. The best are probably the x930 (65) or the LG OLED, which are both stupid expensive. If you can wait until CES, wait...
  13. H

    The 2015 Sony TV Thread

    I still think the crown for best budget TV for PC usage belongs to the Seiki 39". The Sony is PWM free and has 4k60, but those features weren't worth another $500 to me, relative to what I have and what might come out next year. Sony is technically better, sure, but that budget word comes into...
  14. H

    The 2015 Sony TV Thread

    Brigante, glad to hear you got 120hz to work. Try using an all black background and look for the artifacting. I noticed those short white horizontal lines you described, but they were present all over the TV, most noticeable on black. Didn't matter too much, though, as I much preferred 4k60...
  15. H

    The 2015 Sony TV Thread

    Even with new HDMI cable the artifacting persists at 1080p120hz. The ones I had been using handled 1080p120hz on my Seiki fine and the pixel clock and data throughput for 4k60 is way higher, so I think it's the display itself. I managed to get HiDPI output in OS X by scaling to a 16:10...
Back
Top