The Shimian does not have tempered glass, unless you chose to get one that has it, mine does not have tempered glass. Where did u read on that listing it has tempered glass lol? I also didnt really want speakers...I have a surround system and a pair of Astro gaming headphones...no need.
Yeah, holy smokes lets get back on topic, there is no reason to flame or chastise Overlord computer in this thread; it's a legitimate business with many happy customers.
The more pressing issue is my black levels!! Lol! I think I may have pretty severe backlight bleeding, I'll take some...
Same for me. I have always been an AMD guy, since my first computer at 12, I chose to save money and get the near-same performance. But after running into driver issues, blue screens, all around headache on every single AMD machine i've had, I just switched to Nvidia/Intel this last build, and I...
UPDATE: It arrived yesterday! Ordered Friday night(midnight), arrived Wednesday noon.
Packaging was adequate, literally it was just the monitor's retail box, but the inside was padded well enough around the corners and front/back that I wouldnt be too worried about transportation damage...
This. A guide can be found at pcper.com. It performs on par with the gtx 680, and even out performs it in a few instances.
I think the alure of the 4gb VRAM is if you have a 2560x1440 monitor...I ordered one last week :)
Lots of TVs suffer from bad input lag, but if you can find information saying otherwise, I believe a TV is a fine way to go...If you need this information as soon as possible, I'd suggest seeing what they have, and put in some time researching each individual display you're interested in.
But...
Link
This thing looks like its packing a punch at that price, I jumped on it quick...$420 AR and no tax for me from Newegg.
Posted here because I don't have enough posts.
Edit: forgot to add the free Borderlands 2 code...saving like $30 more.
I will definitely update once I receive the monitor. So far shipping is insanely fast, it's already in Cali on its way to me in WA. I asked a question regarding the power brick, because there was a misprint on the listing (100-240v), so i asked to make sure it was indeed a 110-240v power...
Well of course you wouldnt...you moved from one model of Dell IPS screens to another, they both likely have somewhat high input lag. Me being very susceptible to input lag I strayed away from the Dell IPS screens. I personally went for one of the 27" korean monitors, the guide is on the front...
Awesome, that will be great info. I definitely like how the stand can pivot, wouldnt mind a 27 for my secondary monitor too =P
NOTE: I just realized I didn't leave the guide open to peoples own personal preferences; if you are in search of a model with more input options just keep in mind...
Yes I did see these monitors, they are almost $150 more expensive, and they have more inputs and an OSD, aka, without a doubt more input lag. I have found I notice input lag very easily, to the point where I cant even play xbox on many HDTVs, I feel gimped.