Exactly. I've had my OEM copy of XP Pro for 5 years now and I've changed the entire system probably 4 times over that time; each time, I just called Microsoft, got a new number, and when they asked, I told them I changed several components in the system, and that was it.
Along with the other issues mentioned, my "geek" side took over when I noticed lore changes /omissions in the game. In something like WoW, I don't mind as much I as do for a game set in the well-established LotR universe.
Solution: the instant a kid in school is caught loading up Myspace or Facebook, taht kid has to use the ENCYCLOPEDIAS to finish his/her paper.
The shame should curb the behavior.
Unfortunately, it's against the rules. I had an OEM full Vista Home Premium unactivated I had to remove at several other forums due to similar rules. Sorry. :(
Apparently, many USB thumbdrives touted as "high speed" only have high speed RAM in the first 128 MB or so, which causes Vista to not accept it as ReadyBoost compatible.
I will say that I am not a "hardcore gamer" or power user, because I have a Dell XPS 410 computer. I was fortunate that all my drivers were already included with Vista (although I did update certain ones) and I've had no real problem with it.
I did not like all the services Vista loads by...