Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
I recently built a new HTPC for the wife with windows 8 and it was not as bad as I thought it would be. I'm not even aware of the "metro" ui, because we spend most of our time in the administrative screen.
I have t his unit's little brother SS450 in my FreeNAS box for over a month and I can't complain. Seasonic makes wonderful supplies and this is coming from an EE.
Exactly, my sentiments. I have a Seasonic x400 (fanless) and handles pretty much whatever I throw at it within reason. The idle power isn't generally more than more than 110 watts.
I'd have to agree with WhiteFireDragon. I have the Shuriken in the SG02 blowing towards the motherboard and it's been fine. I've run for weeks without any problem. Of course, I also use an 80+ gold passively cooled supply. That greatly helps cut down on power consumption and heat generation.
You could give yourself some breathing room and replace the Intel i5 processor/board combo with AMD Phenom II combo. That'll buy you some headroom. Other than my suggestion, everything looks pretty. I have the Seasonic X400 and the Sugo SG02 and they're great together.
I finally built my setup and it's gone a whole lot better than I had expected. Sugo SG02. AMD Phenom II X6 1055t (125 Watt TDP). MSI 880GMA-E53. 16GB Crucial DDR3. 80GB Intel X25-M for operating system and Samsung 320G drive for data. Everything powered from Seasonic X400. Using the video...
Any ever tried underclocking to get temperature under control? I'm planning on building around Sugo SG02 case and plan to use an phenom II x6. Is it possible? I'm thinking of using the 1055t.