Recent content by gregnauman

  1. G

    Official Dell 2407WFP Thread - Reviews, Revisions, Screenies

    Just to let everyone know. I purchased a 2407 earlier this year it was an A03. I decided like many others that not having 1:1 was not good. So I tried to work with Dell to send it back and get the A04. After numerous problems and at least 4-6 hours on the phone with Dell I recieved an Brand new...
  2. G

    Dell 2407WFP Rev A04 Spotted.

    Too me there is another problem with the A04. If you have a PC hooked up at 1920x1200 the native resolution of the monitor, the display settings for WIDE MODE (1:1, aspect, Fill), Sharpness, and Zoom are greyed out. I understand why 1:1 would be grayed out because you are at the native...
  3. G

    Dell 2407WFP Rev A04 Spotted.

    Well I received my replacement monitor yesterday. It came from TN and it was an A04. If you run anything other that 1920x1200 it in fact does allow you to select aspect, 1:1 or Fill on all the inputs now. :D The only thing with this monitor over my A03 is the brightness is way to high. I...
  4. G

    Dell 2407WFP Rev A04 Spotted.

    Well my 2407wfp is coming from TN as well. Should be here tomorrow. Hopefully it is A04. Mine is a replacement for an A03. Took me 2.5 hours on the phone with Dell. I also bought my A03 originally off ebay from one of the venders that just drop shipped it straight from Dell so I had an order...
  5. G

    Dell 2407WFP Rev A04 Spotted.

    Here is the reason robber98 If you input a 1080P signal into the display via DVI you would want 1:1 or aspect so it will not stretch the screen vertically. TRUE HD or 1080P is 1920x1080 which would leave small black bars at the top and bottom of the screen if in 1:1 or ASPECT mode. This...
  6. G

    Dell 2407WFP Rev A04 Spotted.

    OK let me get this straight. The A04 revision should do 1920x1200 via the DVI connection and have access to the... Wide mode Menu: 1:1 Aspect Fill Sharpness Zoom I have an A03 and each of the above menus are greyed out when in 1920x1200. Is this correct?
  7. G

    where are the logitech z-5500s?

    I just ordered a set from dell. 289 shipped last week. To much suprise the ship date they gave me was APRIL 12th. I looked everywhere on the internet Feb 10th and 11th and couldnt find them anywhere. Then Feb 12th I get an email from dell saying they shipped. I then went to the internet and...
  8. G

    Dell 2407WFP Rev A04 Spotted.

    "Anybody tried a cable box hooked up to the A03 or A04 revisions via DVI or component? Could someone please try it if not and report back how it looks Greg" Anybody?
  9. G

    Dell 2407WFP Rev A04 Spotted.

    Anybody tried a cable box hooked up to the A03 or A04 revisions via DVI and component? Could someone please try it if not and report back how it looks Greg
  10. G

    Dell Censors Panel lottery info. Share info here.

    Yes I have a 2407wfp and Yes it says what I posted so it must be in lotto land as well :)
  11. G

    Dell Censors Panel lottery info. Share info here.

    I have a 2407wfp made in mexico just got it around the 10th of january. My Display says V1B20 and HN208 Anyone know what panel this is and which panels they are shipping? Which is better or worse on the 2407wfp.
  12. G

    Official Dell 2407WFP Thread - Reviews, Revisions, Screenies

    I have the nvidia 7900GS and I am doing exactly the same thing you are doing. If i select 1080P in the nvidia card settings, I get no black bars or anything, It looks great. When you do this it changes the resolution to 1920x1080. If I run the card in 1920x1200 the native resolution of the...
  13. G

    2407wfp de-interlacer accept 1080i/p via DVI or Component?

    Is the below statements still true with the newer A03 and A04 monitors in that it cannot accept 1080i/p via DVI? Anybody tried it with a sattelite box or Cable box? "The monitor is indeed HDCP compatible. We’ve had several reports saying this is absolutely true, however, they are not able to...
  14. G

    Dell 2407WFP Rev A04 Spotted.

    Is the below statements still true with the newer A03 and A04 monitors in that it cannot accept 1080i/p via DVI? Anybody tried it with a sattelite box or Cable box? "The monitor is indeed HDCP compatible. We’ve had several reports saying this is absolutely true, however, they are not...
  15. G

    Dell 2407WFP Rev A04 Spotted.

    Follow this link for a september review of using this display as a HDTV as well as other things. http://videoediting.digitalmedianet.com/articles/viewarticle.jsp?id=66586
Back
Top