• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by Graysdir

  1. G

    LCD Motion Enhancement/Artifacting & Plasma Pixel Questions

    Thanks Dave! Are there any other options which might help reduce artifacting when TruMotion is engaged? Turning DNR OFF made a big difference. I didn't turn down Sharpness, because that made text in Windows difficult to read. These replies were very helpful to me - Thanks to everyone who...
  2. G

    LCD Motion Enhancement/Artifacting & Plasma Pixel Questions

    Docmal: Thanks for the chart! Very interesting... Lawless: Your tip regarding disabling the noise reduction filters seemed to help quite a bit. I need more time to test, but I'd say it removed at least 50% of the artifacting. I turned off "Digital Noise Reduction" and "Edge Enhancement"...
  3. G

    LCD Motion Enhancement/Artifacting & Plasma Pixel Questions

    Lawless; thanks for the tip regarding disabling noise filtering. The only noise filtering I know of is "Noise Reduction" which I currently have set to medium. I'll try turning it off and see if the blur improves. Is there any other function I should turn off besides that one? Thanks again...
  4. G

    LCD Motion Enhancement/Artifacting & Plasma Pixel Questions

    Thanks Laweless! So, are most of the 1080p 42" Plasmas square pixels now? With the LG LCD, I have it set to "Just Scan" and it fits the screen perfectly. Would it be the same with a 42" Panasonic plasma or do I have to check each individual model for pixel shape & the ability to "just...
  5. G

    LCD Motion Enhancement/Artifacting & Plasma Pixel Questions

    Hi Folks, I've been having a very difficult time deciding on a TV - all of them seem to have issues, and it's a bit frustrating - Something I'm sure many of you are familliar with! If anyone has the time to read my post and provide some insight, it would be appreciated. I'm using the TV...
  6. G

    Plasmas & Input Lag - Need Advice Please!

    Gersson, are you running in "Game Mode" or anything similar that shuts off most of the post processing? Although it's a very different model than the U1, it would still be interesting to know... Thanks.
  7. G

    LG32LH40 & General "Judder" Questions - Please help!

    KVW, "Rent" <chuckles> It's a good suggestion, however I paid only $800 for the LH40, as it was an introductory price. I think I may actually do what you're suggesting, but with a Panasonic U1 plasma model, as I found one I can buy at cost. However, nobody seems to have much info on it...
  8. G

    Plasmas & Input Lag - Need Advice Please!

    Mastakill, if you want further info on the G10 specifically, perhaps create a thread for it, or do a search. There's quite a bit of info on G10's. This thread is about the U1, as I have an opportunity to buy one at cost tomorrow morning. However, since it doesn't have a gaming mode, and...
  9. G

    Plasmas & Input Lag - Need Advice Please!

    Thanks for all the replies! Lawless: There is apparently no "Gaming Mode" for the TC-P42U1. And that's my concern. If the S1 had it, and the U1 doesn't... why? Evidently it was necessary at some point? Or maybe like you suggest, it's just for another set of customizable properties...
  10. G

    Plasmas & Input Lag - Need Advice Please!

    Hi Folks, I'm considering the purchase of a Panasonic TCP42U1 plasma TV. It would be used for Xbox 360, PS3, and HTPC (for movies). I know the picture quality will be fine for HTPC usage, but my big concern is input lag. I've been told that Plasmas are not prone to input lag, and the...
  11. G

    LG32LH40 & General "Judder" Questions - Please help!

    Hi Vick, It's a IPS panel. You could be right about 120Hz although that's how they market it!
  12. G

    LG32LH40 & General "Judder" Questions - Please help!

    That's a good suggestion, KVW. I've been considering that, my only concern is that I got this LH40 for $799 as an introductory price, and it's already up to $1100 regular price. If I return it, I won't be able to find it for that price again for a while. Oh well... Thinking of trying a...
  13. G

    LG32LH40 & General "Judder" Questions - Please help!

    With only a few days left on my 30 day return policy at Best Buy, I decided to call LG's 1-888 # and get an answer to my question. They couldn't help me, as evidently they do not know much about their own TV's, and suggested I use their Email Support option. I emailed their support, who...
  14. G

    LG32LH40 & General "Judder" Questions - Please help!

    Hi Dephcon, Thanks for the suggestion. I tried changing the refresh in Windows but perhaps that's the incorrect way of going about it. (all that did was cause a lot of screen tearing) I'll try as you suggested and change it within MPC-HC and see if that helps! Grays
  15. G

    LG32LH40 & General "Judder" Questions - Please help!

    Hi KVW, Sorry for the confusion - I meant that I use MPC-HC for the MKV, and AVI files. For full DVDs, I still have to use PowerDVD, etc. I only mentioned MPC-HC because you mentioned the "hitching" but it's not what I'm trying to describe - It's judder that I'm experiencing. I saw some...
Back
Top