Very nice article! I had all the same problems, but basically solved none of them. :rolleyes: Still after reading this I think I will try to install ubantu (yet again) over the vista beta partition. Hope I don't screw up my start up. :eek:
I just got heck for using that word! After reading your statement, I can see their point. Comparing people with a cognitive deficit to the US government is beyond cruel.
;)
I used rabit to edit the bios and set fan speeds at 100% (have an x2 so noise not an issue). Works like a charm and can avoid ati tool, which seems flakey to me these days.
I think the 7800 series was the only real hard launch with total availability from day one. Doesn't make ecconomic sense for any company to hold on to stock any longer than they have too, so huge pressure to do a soft launch.
No mention of IQ and were not clear on what settings were used for any of the cards, except to say maximum for the screen shots. If Nvidia would just use good default settings, wouldn't be such a bother.
Performance differences are generally quite marginal and besides performance is about slightly higher settings or IQ. From anands write up - seems the x1900gt wins in performance. And Hcop gives it the nod in IQ.
Link
So anyways not as clear cut as most like to say.