New version of Unreal World is out (3.19) so I fired that up, haven't played it in a while. It's an indie survival sim, pretty roguelike, haven't seen it mentioned here.
And some Cataclysm-DDA (zombie survival sim roguelike), the latest experimental builds added some new starting scenarios...
ASUS motherboards have often had ECC enabled even for non-xeon cpus - even on a lot of their AMD boards. It SEEMS to work, shows up in memtest and system logs. My quick scan of info for the P9X79 WS which is a board I'm looking at for a future build seems to confirm that ECC can be used...
You could *try* upping the memory voltage, but you really shouldn't be having a problem - I have 4x2G in for a total of 8G and it fired right up without any trouble at all. ECC memory, even. Oh if you're OC'ing try adjusting the memory speed back down by hand - if it tried to auto-set to 800...
Ha, I am in just about the same boat (E6600 on a Asus P5W-DH Deluxe 975X, 4G ECC ram), and after much brainthrashing I too decided to wait til the new stuff comes out before I build the new Big Bopper. My suggestions would be to upgrade things that can transfer to the new system, and spend...