Recent content by getsnarky

  1. G

    Upgrading PC Audio - b/c my new HD555's are a gateway drug

    Not yet - but I can see that this is the beginning of a beautiful addiction. First the 0404 and then...thousands and thousands of dollars of other equipment will follow...until my entire entertainment budget is all audio-related. (Sweet!)
  2. G

    Upgrading PC Audio - b/c my new HD555's are a gateway drug

    Why do I feel like my HD555s will be my financial undoing? :)
  3. G

    Upgrading PC Audio - b/c my new HD555's are a gateway drug

    Using cheapo PC speakers only when I don't have my HD555's plugged in. I'm far too transient these days to invest in speakers. Later, maybe, once I've landed in a city for good. In the meantime...the EMU 0404 USB seems to come up again in this and other boards. I'm just wondering about it...
  4. G

    Upgrading PC Audio - b/c my new HD555's are a gateway drug

    I'm a newbie who needs help upgrading her PC audio. Here's the deal. I have a Dell Inspiron 700m. It came with a SigmaTel soundcard (at least I THINK that's what it is - I'm a bit fuzzy on details here). When I'm working at the computer, I listen to a lot of music, most of it downloaded...
Back
Top