• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by generalmx

  1. G

    Blurry Text At 4k 150% Win 8.1 24"

    Windows 8 high-DPI scaling is optimized for tablets: ...so applications on desktops with high DPI settings may find themselves needing to use the "Disable High DPI Scaling" compatibility setting for certain programs, as I have to do myself with my own 4K display. Instructions for using the...
  2. G

    Seiki SE50UY04 3840x2160 50" TV ($1300)

    Hey, does anyone know where this guy calculated these manual timings --- or if he's still around, perhaps he can elaborate? Since using these timings, now 119.88MHz is probably the sharpest/best-looking resolution aside from native 2160p@30Hz; where any other non-native resolution (1080p@24Hz...
  3. G

    Eizo Foris FG2421: 120hz VA Panel

    New/niche technology is always about taking risks. I see a lot of people claiming that they think it's overpriced which is both true and untrue, depending on how you look at it. I am personally willing to spend an extra $200 or so I know I won't get back as the monitor likely deprecates in value...
  4. G

    Eizo Foris FG2421: 120hz VA Panel

    Note that with 1920x1080, for 23.5" you have a PPI of 93.74 and Dot Pitch of 0.271mm, while with 27" you have a PPI of 81.59 and a Dot Pitch of 0.3113mm. While 27" 2560x1440 is a PPI of 108.79 and a Dot Pitch of 0.2335mm. I'd say it's a waste to get an expensive gaming monitor with a PPI any...
  5. G

    Eizo Foris FG2421: 120hz VA Panel

    Seems like there may be relatively serious quality control issues; even if we take into account that it's easier to complain than to praise. Has anyone in the US needed to send this directly back to Eizo, or has everyone been dealing with a retailer? I don't mind playing roulette on a monitor if...
  6. G

    Eizo Foris FG2421: 120hz VA Panel

    Sorry if this was answered earlier, but can the "Turbo 240Hz" features be used at lower than native 120Hz? I thought the features might be useful for games where I can't get full 120FPS without sacrificing image quality. Though as I mostly game successfully on 2560x1440p@60 on a 27" Korean IPS...
  7. G

    Acheiva Shimian QH270-Lite only gives me vertical test pattern

    Well I reseated the internal DP connector like you suggested, and that worked ONCE...then came the problem again. I might have to hotglue the damn ribbon cable to keep it seated properly.
  8. G

    Acheiva Shimian QH270-Lite only gives me vertical test pattern

    Just got my Acheiva Shimian QH270 Lite "Perfect Pixel" from red-cap today and unfortunately it seems to be defective! No matter what I do, I get the vertical test pattern (rainbow lines) upon turning it on. I can't even get it to show a computer's post. Things I have tried: Note: 30" 2560x1600...
Back
Top