• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by GautLSU

  1. G

    Skyrim Mods - A Comprehensive List & User Support Thread

    I just went through a similar learning curve with installing ENBs, coincidentally I ended up with Sharpshooter as well after trying several. Couple things that may help you out: 1) ENB cannot be installed by Nexus Mod Manager. Or if it can, its a lot of extra work 2) You have to get...
  2. G

    New Ivy Gaming Build Advice

    Yeah I've been hunting out motherboard round-up type articles, and found a few that actually get into EUFI reviews/previews. Since I've skipped a few generations, this is my first time using EUFI so I'm sure I'll be impressed so long as it isn't junky/buggy. The UD5H seems to be a popular...
  3. G

    New Ivy Gaming Build Advice

    PREFACE I'm upgrading from a 2007-era system with a Q6600 on a Gigabyte P35 mobo. Typically I've bought/built a new computer every 4 years or so, with a video card refresh about halfway through. So my system, while upgraded, is showing its age and ready to be retired. I like to buy high-end...
  4. G

    Gaming Build Advice for a Friend (Budget ~$1200)

    OK done deal, parts ordered as shown above. Included $65 worth of combo discounts and only 2 rebates x $20. Some Bing CashBack sprinkled in, if all goes well. Also snagged Starcraft 2 for $45 and BC2 for $30. This guy is gonna be busy! Wish me luck.... Thanks guys!! :D
  5. G

    Gaming Build Advice for a Friend (Budget ~$1200)

    Okay guys thanks for sticking this long - I think you swayed me. mATX it is... $50+ wasn't worth it for SATA3 and extra pci ports. I did more reading up on the GD-05b and it just seems like a great case. Fairly quiet too (as much as can be with a 5850 lurking). I'm calling it final...
  6. G

    Gaming Build Advice for a Friend (Budget ~$1200)

    Yeah, I had figured that would be the situation with a lot of these. Not a big deal, and I can stash some extra wiring or the SSD there. Only running one 3.5" disk. ::sigh:: Then again, I could always go back to the mATX board and GD-05b I noticed the pic on newegg isn't right. The XFX...
  7. G

    Gaming Build Advice for a Friend (Budget ~$1200)

    Hmm - see that's why I was worried about mATX... especially with a longer 5850. Okay I talked to my buddy, he doesn't really have any concerns over fine-tuning the case size. I explained to him that it's basically a tower on its side and he was cool with it. It will indeed be on top of a...
  8. G

    Gaming Build Advice for a Friend (Budget ~$1200)

    And all of that fits comfortably (particularly the 5850)? I'm a little wary of assembling mATX, but it is cheaper while having a smaller footprint. I do sacrifice SATA 3 in the process. I'm still waiting to hear from him about the size issue. I might still go with the Agility 2 at...
  9. G

    Gaming Build Advice for a Friend (Budget ~$1200)

    Doesn't appear that any of the mATX cases have SATA 3.0. Maybe that isn't a huge deal... I just had it in my head that now is a good time to jump on board with those higher speed ports for the future. Probably going to stick with ATX and pick out a different case. Like I mentioned before...
  10. G

    Gaming Build Advice for a Friend (Budget ~$1200)

    Ah crapola, good catch. You actually saw that in the beginning, thus the mATX board choice. Let me grab a different case. And yeah, kinda came full circle with it. I was originally going to go 5850, but the GTX460 seems to run right with it (within a couple fps on benches). Would the...
  11. G

    Gaming Build Advice for a Friend (Budget ~$1200)

    Okay, meshing together all the suggestions. Here's where I'm at. Comments? Intel Core i5-760 + Windows 7 Home Premium both for $299.98 http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.437518.19-115-067 GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3 LGA 1156 Intel P55 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 $139...
  12. G

    Gaming Build Advice for a Friend (Budget ~$1200)

    Gotcha - thanks guys. Let me get a finalized list going...
  13. G

    Gaming Build Advice for a Friend (Budget ~$1200)

    I had a couple questions earlier on that may now get lost in the shuffle - any takers?
  14. G

    Gaming Build Advice for a Friend (Budget ~$1200)

    Yeah no kidding, I should make him do that just to spite his wife :D Oh well, whatever gets him a permission slip, right?
  15. G

    Gaming Build Advice for a Friend (Budget ~$1200)

    Okay, this would be kind of a higher-end version (X58, i7, 6GB) $484 - Intel i7 930 + Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Mobo $135 - G.Skill DDR3-1333 6GB(3x2GB) $290 - EVGA GTX 460 + Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit $145 - Corsair CMPSU-650TX 650W Psu + Samsung F3 1TB HDD ($135 AR) $100 -...
Back
Top