Recent content by Garen

  1. G

    Corsair Obsidian 550d?

    For all of you that were looking into the Corsair fans, Linus did an episode about it and you should check it out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uUXt7mE6Qg&feature=relmfu http://www.linustechtips.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Corsair-Fans.rar<----Graphs
  2. G

    Corsair Obsidian 550d?

    The BeQuiet fans look great on paper and the few reviews out there say that they are great for case fans.Heatsinks and radiator are a no go with these though,so I am just going to keep my nf-f12 on my H60. Im so happy with how this build is going,pure silence! BeQuiet Silent Wing 2 specs: Fan...
  3. G

    Corsair Obsidian 550d?

    So a friend of mine pointed out another fan option that really interested me. The beQuiet! Silent wings 2 that are unreal when it comes to noise and being that I am in europe I order 2x120 and 1x140. It took me forever to decide but hopefully this option is good 15db at max.
  4. G

    Corsair Obsidian 550d?

    How is the noise level and cooling in the case? What noctua fans did you put in the front? :D
  5. G

    Corsair Obsidian 550d?

    Are those corair fans quieter? Better cooling? Pwm? Other than asthetics are the corsair fans better than the noctua?
  6. G

    What to expect

    So im working on a new quiet build and plan on getting an i5 3570k and wanted to know if anyone can help me out with something. My current pc has an intel q8400 and wanted to know if I will notice a big difference in performance? Also updating from 800 ddr2 to 1600 ddr3, a 60gb kingston v100 ssd...
  7. G

    Corsair Obsidian 550d?

    Got my 550D and can't wait to order the rest of the parts i decided to go with noctua p12 pwm.
  8. G

    Corsair Obsidian 550d?

    Imo the best bet would be the noctua p12. Now they are pwm so you can control the speed,they have good airflow and static preasure. The webpage even says they work well with more restricted airflow. I am going to use 2 in the front and control them with my asus board.
  9. G

    Corsair Obsidian 550d?

    @Reventon Great pics! I have some questions if you wouldn't mind answering: 1-Hows the noise with the front nf-f12? 2-What lights did you use?Where did you place them? 3-Where did you mount the ssd?(dont see and hdd) Thanks and truely a great quality and design on the build
  10. G

    Corsair Obsidian 550d?

    The reasoning behind that is that the s12b has higher airflow,than the p12. Higher airflow is what you are looking for in a case fan. The p12 has higher static preasure which is better for a heatsink fan. Another added bonus of the s12b is that is quieter than the p12,although the p12 now has...
  11. G

    Corsair Obsidian 550d?

    Linus (linustechtips) tweeted some pics of a build for a future video and i believe the case is a 550D. http://t.co/d1ekW8uN http://t.co/i7pzGYM1 Also the build looks awesome!
  12. G

    ASUS Z77 Motherboards - Official Support Thread

    I am going to post this question here and hope someone had better luck finding an answer. I am going to buy an asus z77 board and can't decide between the sabertooth z77 and the p8z77-v pro. Is fan xpert 2 better than thermal radar? Asthetics on the sabertooth are much better imo, but the pro...
  13. G

    Corsair Obsidian 550d?

    Hi everyone,I just got my 550D (for IB build) after reading every page on this thread. It helped me decide on almost everything. My case came in awesome condition (paid for 1 day shipping) and would like some help with the fan setup. I plan on keeping all panels on,because I am looking to go for...
Back
Top