A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!
Great thread! I've got some similar older boxes kicking around with Core2-era parts in them. That link to the Xeon sockets was particularly neat, might do that. The Gigabyte EP45 is ripe for this kind of thing.
My friend's had issues with Samsung monitors and TVs, and has told me that the support is like pulling teeth.
You've all been great, I really appreciate the suggestions and information here. I've started looking at the NEC's as per the suggestions -- so that's on the table now, too...
Thanks for all the replies. We're in the US, so that keeps some doors open. It's not so much about finding the best warranty and buying into that, so much as finding the ones that give you the least nightmares when something pops up. I personally haven't had any of my monitors die, even after...
I'm in the process of helping a friend get a new monitor, as the one he was using is burning out, and there's no local repair shop near him. There are plenty of options out there, but the one stumbling block is each maker's warranty support. While I'm willing to do battle for warranties, I...