Recent content by gamefreakgcb

  1. G

    27" IPS 2560x1440 monitor~90hz <$400 FS

    Is is possible to run the IPSMS at full resolution over HDMI? Not for gaming but for document work and some video watching.
  2. G

    Utter n00b looking to host a server to run Data Management Software for organization.

    We decided to do that. Now I'm just turning this into a personal project to learn.
  3. G

    Utter n00b looking to host a server to run Data Management Software for organization.

    Thanks. Once I return from the Houston trip after this weekend I'll try this out.
  4. G

    Utter n00b looking to host a server to run Data Management Software for organization.

    Budget is as low as we can get it. (Under $500 if we can for hardware/software). The untangle on one box at the main location and the clients on the computers that need access is the better option security-wise.
  5. G

    Utter n00b looking to host a server to run Data Management Software for organization.

    What networking hardware would I need to set up a VPN? I guess this is a bit above my head at the moment. I don't even know how to create VPN. I am signing up for an online School Data Management Software where the company hosts the program on their servers for a fee of $25 a year and the...
  6. G

    Utter n00b looking to host a server to run Data Management Software for organization.

    So I guess I'm in way over my head? I also have a hostable.com account that is free until March 2015 with unlimited hosting.
  7. G

    Utter n00b looking to host a server to run Data Management Software for organization.

    Two offices in two separate premises need access to different parts of 1 data unit. Until now we could've kept it internal but one office is moving soon. That was why I inquired about Amazon's AWS products. We are also looking at products like quickschools.com where the hosting/management etc...
  8. G

    Utter n00b looking to host a server to run Data Management Software for organization.

    I set up a RAID-1 NAS (Synology DS211J) last year and serve files (word, excels, PDF's) etc. from there. That was just plain old network drive mapping which was easy. The software I downloaded needs to be deployed on a server, which is something I have never done. I can have RAID-1 HD's in the...
  9. G

    Utter n00b looking to host a server to run Data Management Software for organization.

    Hello [H]! I work at a small church type organization/school and I am an accidental techie and subsequently the only one here with an understanding of computers. We are deciding to go digital with all out student data/archives. The thing is, we are fairly low on cash and were hoping to find a...
  10. G

    bet laptop for $600 and under??

    The HP Dv6z with a discrete video card option. Can be had with an A6 CPU+discrete for under 600 I think. Looks nice too.
  11. G

    MBA or wait for ultrabooks?

    LMFAO! Threadjack.
  12. G

    For those who uses HP, do you remove HP SUpport Asst. & Performance Advisor?

    I normally do a fresh install on an SSD and leave aside the original HD for warranty purposes.
  13. G

    msconfig

    The HijackThis analyzer was pretty cool.
  14. G

    Free AV vs. Nod32

    For my relatived and friends, I now recommend MSE and a weekly scan with Malwarebytes free version.
Back
Top