Just let it breathe... it will go away in time, a few days maybe - you will still smell it if you actually sniff the inside, but you won't feel it as much on the outside.
Hi, I have a 7700k on a Z170 OC Formula MB right now. The board acts weird: one of the BIOS circuits doesn't boot, the other boots when it wants, PC resets itself once per week for no reason and only boots after multiple tries and all HDDs disconnected, don't know what to do anymore! Actually, I...
I don't believe it's driver issues, the board doesn't even boot. 62 appears on the board LED diagnostic display, and that's it.
I went over and over and over the manual, and I don't have anything on those lines except one of the SATA3_4, SATA3_5 occupied.
Fighting to get the mentioned board working "as advertised"... so far I only got 5GHZ from the 6700k and 2400MHz from my 3200MHz Gskill.
Anyways, between crashes, voltages and everything, one thing stands constantly, from the first moment I started working with this board: no matter what I do...
Awaiting to be shipped today, delivered on Friday... should be fine with these for now :):
PC Hound Part List
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 8M ($339.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock Z170 OC Formula ($221.13 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.SKILL 16GB (2 x 8GB) Ripjaws V Series ($68.99 @ Newegg)
Memory #2...
I guess it makes sense to get the 6700k, overclock it, try to sell the 2600k with MB and RAM, and when 7700k comes in, just replace the CPU - same socket (1151) as the 6700k... Does that make sense?
I currently have 24GB of RAM, and PS eats allot of it, so I created a pagefile on my SSD, works like a charm. No I am trying to get my LR catalog on an SSD, see if that makes a difference. If we go by thread rating, 4790k is still the best out there right now, I was just thinking about going...
This is what I wrote before researching...:
"I was looking at 8 slots MBs... If the MB will have only 4 slots, then I will probably follow your advice. Will a 4 channel MB/CPU work ok with only two RAM modules? "
Ok, puzzled, just wanted to make sure I have all the facts, I see the 6700k and...
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
I mainly want to upgrade for faster Photoshop/Lightroom (latest version). I had the PC since 2011 (if I remember correctly?)
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
$900 - I would like to stay under.
3)...
Well, everything seems to be working just fine, and with my HAF912 case closed I get 50C on the chipset. It seems the closed case airflow is pretty good and cools down the chip a little.
I will not rma, I can't explain it. I moved the card between the slots before, moved it around from one slot to another, without success. Today, I just placed it back and it worked. I do not have an explanation for it, nor do I look for one right now.
60C is not unusual for chipsets? Ok... I...
Well, I can't see any replies yet... this is what I have so far:
- moved the GTS450 and CPU back on the Asus board to check the video board -> everything ok... moved the VB and CPU back on the Asrock, put the monitor on it, and it seems to be working quite ok.
- the Z77 heatsink still heats up...
Just got the board a couple of days ago and have been really happy with a 2600K, 24GB RAM and a 256 SSD. It has been moving really fast, much faster than my Asus P8Z68.
Today I tried to install my EVGA GTS450, and the MB does not recognize it. I tried both slots, different PCIE speeds from...
Dangman - PSU: I'll get the EVGA 750 G1 or G2 - I believe they would be good even for a future build.
diizzy: excellent advice, I will start following it tomorrow, beginning with the memory test. Thank you! It's been about 10 years since I did the last extensive PC hardware troubleshooting...