• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by [G]Ernesto

  1. G

    Are Valve And AMD About To Ruin PC Gaming?

    We'll see one in december hopefully! (Battlefield 4).
  2. G

    5 monitor crossfire ?

    Aha! Thans for that bit of info! I guess we have to wait for the rumoured DP-splitter so we can run 3 monitors on each DP!
  3. G

    5 monitor crossfire ?

    The Asus Matrix used DP 1.2 - It has 4 of them, plus a dual-link DVI. That should work for 5x 120hz, no?
  4. G

    7970 Crossfire smooth in Bioshock Infinite?

    I run it in 6048x1080 and I have my framerate limiter set to 40 and it's rock stable. The game has a few dips at times - most of the time it runs super smooth, but then suddenly there is a huge dip of FPS in a certain cutscene or angle, that is why I locked the FPS as low as 40 instead of 59, as...
  5. G

    All Time Best Motherboard ?

    I've had some of the motherboards mentioned in this thread, but I think my current motherboard is so much better than any of my previous ones - The BIOS is better, it overclocks like a monster, everything runs, you can update BIOS from windows, you can boot from USB, you dont have to install...
  6. G

    Buying a 7970 an ok idea? gaming and btc

    I am unsure if your powersupply will be able to handle 2x5850 and a 7970, it also depends on your motherboard how much the load will be there and how many extra powercords you can plug into the MB. Graphiccards draw some of their power from the motherboard, like this (To a hard max of 75w): No...
  7. G

    XFX Radeon DoubleD-7970 GHz black screen crashing

    I have the same processor and the same motherboard and my 7970's work fine in my system, both on a very old motherboard BIOS as well as the latest one (upgrading my motherboard BIOS made my computer boot/post 10 seconds faster, btw - now loading win 8 takes less than 10 seconds). At first it...
  8. G

    Bought two Sapphire Radeon 7970s 3GB OC with BOOST --- Running too hot?

    I have an old P183 chassi. I bought 2 7970 Matrix, that are 3 slot - Obviously not good for my chassi, which I realized too late. I ran 2x6870 dcII earlier, that were 2,5 slots, and that worked well - These 3slot cards did however, overheat quite quickly in heavy games. So, to solve it, I did...
  9. G

    Sandwhiched 7970 Good or Bad Idea?

    When it works it is absolutely fantastic, Eyefinity has been the single coolest gaming upgrade I have ever done. Sure, it doesn't always work brilliantly in all games, but I have come to the point now, that if a game doesn't support it, or I cannot get it to run easily enough with the Widescreen...
  10. G

    Anandtech - AMD Comments on GPU Stuttering, Driver Roadmap, Benchmarking

    I don't get why the "runt frames" as they call them would be a problem though? They don't induce stuttering, they don't affect gameplay, the only thing they MIGHT affect, seems to be that FRAPS shows a higher FPS than actually is displayed, which could explain the 100%+ scaling seen in some...
  11. G

    Anyone solved Eyefinity screen tearing yet?

    For me, the tearing in desktop environment was solved by switching to cards that had 3 DP ports, before I ran 6870 DCII and that had only 2 DPs. I cannot however, stop some tearing in games, even with FPS limiters or vsync. It seems to be the combination of Crossfire and Eyefinity that does...
  12. G

    Low Windows Performance Index...6.0 (Dual 7970's)

    13k 3dmark seems normal. Your windows score isn't normal though, but 3dmark proves that your crossfire is working. What version of windows do you have?
  13. G

    ASUS Matrix 7970 & Asus DCUII 7970?

    I just bought the Matrix over the regular DCII because they have a cool red box and cool lights that I never see. But I am happy like a pig in the stie! I really love the Asus cards since they have 4x DP and 2x DVI, which suits me great for Eyefinity. - If the price difference would have been...
  14. G

    AMD Catalyst 13.1 WHQL Now Available

    My brand new Asus Matrix 7970 crossfire setup just kept Battlefield 3 Multiplayer at 70+ FPS on Ultra in 6048x1080 Eyefinity - No flicker, no stutter and no tearing. I am so happy I peed myself a little =(
  15. G

    Opinion: Windows 8 Is Unusable

    To me, windows 8 is exactly like Windows 7, with the difference that the start menu is now fullscreen. Everything else works the same! Sure, I did have to see that "Windows 8 in 3 minutes" video to learn the metro UI, but I never use the metro UI anyway, so I didn't really care - I like the...
Back
Top