I gave up. My rig is stacked already, why am I going to save 300 bucks on a CPU and sit waiting for some web site to get 10 in stock, like playing the lottery. Screw this, I got the 3960X.
Oh I agree, I don't spend foolishly, which is the reason I am waiting and complaining. But I have that kind of scratch, and this waiting weeks is wearing thin.
Not that the 3960X will drop below $1,000, but it sounds like that we won't see 3960k below $700 readly available until mid March. Sure you might get lucky and find a retailer who got a couple in, but for the most part the people I am hearing who are getting them are paying 700-800. And I have...
Bottom Line just updated thier site to show March 1st - I think all the RMAs are at the front of the line. I think - People who don't need, or even knew what the C2 issue is - now want the new chips, which making the wait longer.
I would bet they get them sooner becasue they buy in bulk and don't have any retail packaging. But they could also just be playing the lead time, knowing they are coming soon.
I have a feeling I know what get then delivered to everyone. As soon as I buy the 3960X, becasue I can't wiat anymore - every store will get dozens, and the price will drop like a stone. The whole world will have the 3930K.
A rep at ServersDirect told me they would have them 2/24 from Intel. Newegg hopefully will some sooner.
I am concerned because I bought everything else, and now it is sitting waiting for the CPU.