• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by FrankieFiero

  1. F

    ARECA Owner's Thread (SAS/SATA RAID Cards)

    I was thinking that was probably the case, but it is comforting to have someone verify before you drop a load of cash on drives. Thanks!
  2. F

    ARECA Owner's Thread (SAS/SATA RAID Cards)

    I've been looking at the Enterprise SAS drives, but i just noticed that Areca's handy little compatibility guide only seems to list SATA drives. They list the ST33000650NS (SATA) as compatible, but the ST33000650SS (SAS) version is omitted.
  3. F

    ARECA Owner's Thread (SAS/SATA RAID Cards)

    So it looks like all the drives in my media server are deciding to fail on me simultaneously. I have 9xWD2002FYPS (RE4-GP 2TB) drives on my 1680ix-24 in RAID6... luckily in RAID6. One drive failed last week (not the first time I've had one die, no worries). RMA the drive, and while...
  4. F

    Bacon t-shirt $8 shipped, this one screams [H]ardforum

    I had to do it... everything bacon is good.
  5. F

    Realspace Magellan L-Shaped Desk and Hutch $36 (Reg $380) + $25 Shipping @OfficeDepo

    The OD store I selected for pickup called me a couple hours after I ordered to let me know that "because they are on sale, they're not allowing online orders". They had them in stock "first come, first served", but they would not honour the web discounts. I said forget it.
  6. F

    BING 20% cash back at zipzoomfly

    I noticed a few ZZF prices go up with this too... sorry, but I'm more inclined to pay $20 less in real money, rather than hope for a $60 rebate. I've already been bitten by Bing cashback (not for much < $20, but still), so jacking up the discount and the prices don't make much sense to me.
  7. F

    PS3 Games $11/$16/$20 + FS - sonystyle.com

    I just got my cancellation email too... be interesting to see if what I ordered is still available on their site in a few days. I really want to call BS on the whole "exhausted all inventory" bit (not that it will change anything but my perception of SonyStyle).
  8. F

    PS3 Games $11/$16/$20 + FS - sonystyle.com

    A few people on the CAG forums are reporting getting a cancellation email, others are receiving their orders but vary on completeness. Some are complaining that they're getting GH packaging for some titles. Pretty much a mixed bag all around. I got a shipment delay email saying that my...
  9. F

    100 off technet

    Didn't Vista hit TechNet shortly after it went RTM (I wasn't a subscriber then, but I know it leaked right after)? Wouldn't expect anything different for 7.
  10. F

    4 beer glasses, and bottle opener,

    Got mine yesterday... see if those plastic shot glasses survive the dishwasher.
  11. F

    Woot Off - Dec 9 @ midnight

    These woot-offs lose a little bit of their appeal when they have one every couple weeks and there's nothing but crap (without the bag that is).
  12. F

    Subway has all Footlongs $5. Gamer Food

    Boo... local Subway has the $5 sign - but for 'regular' subs only. 'Premium' subs regular price, and for the Subway Melt (while a 'regular' sub) you get charged extra for the bacon. WTF? There's another one not far away - might try them for lunch today.
  13. F

    Best Buy HD-DVD firesale. YMMV.

    I checked the Dearborn, MI store at lunch today - not a single HD-DVD in the place. We'll probably see a massive HD-DVD sale at Overstock or one of the bigger DVD e-tailers in the next couple weeks as the distributors try to cut their losses.
  14. F

    Free Microsoft Windows Server 2008 / SQL Server 2008 / Visual Studio 2008

    I'm still waiting for my confirmation email for the Detroit event on Tuesday as well.
  15. F

    10-25% off steam games

    Yes, they are all downloads. You need the Steam client - you can download it from www.steampowered.com (if you have Half-Life2, you probably already have it).
Back
Top